The Fling: A #metoo Izalco Max

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jbaillie

by jbaillie

They used Ryan's bike, via photo taken by Ryan, with NO credit? SHAAAAME

Also, VTR1000SP2 how'd you know the new Izalco Max was dropping today? Looks pretty dope...

RyanH

by RyanH

Ah, didn't see that they finally posted my Litespeed. Sent those pictures like 2 months ago. I think they asked for my Instagram handle and I don't have one (til today) so...

Two of my neighbors have similar walls (right next door to each other) so it's actually two walls (I think there's a Trump joke in there somewhere). But ya, white background makes it an easy place to snap evenly lit photos. The Litespeed was done with my Sony A7s though and the Focus was just camera phone.

These bars (the Ernovas) visually offend my eyes, so we'll see if I keep them on the bike. I have a set of baby Specialized S-Works bars that I may try (35cm at the hoods! And 171g).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

jbaillie wrote: Also, VTR1000SP2 how'd you know the new Izalco Max was dropping today? Looks pretty dope...
Focus’ Instagram feed announced the new arrival a few days ago with some teaser info like the weird geometry and 90seconds faster over 50km @200W.

Frame weight went up over previous Izalco Disc but the stem and seatpost weights are down right offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

So what’s the overall weight of your build?

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

RyanH

by RyanH

Had to make the bike a little more German today:

5.45kg as shown, 5.7ish with Boras.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Love it and that weight!

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

KarlC

by KarlC

Looking good, and these are a great deal right now, love to heard a ride report from you when you have time.

Thx
Last edited by KarlC on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

reedplayer

by reedplayer

yes , very good looking bike, and both wheelsets go perfect with it. i am jealous (especially on the first picture with the boras you quite nailed it, imo)
may i ask what bar it is? 3t superergo?

velov

by velov

Awesome build.
Looks so much better than the new model imo...

tonytourist

by tonytourist

KarlC wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:13 am
Looking good, and these are a great deal right now, love to heard a ride report from you when you have time.

Thx
It rides like a bicycle :noidea: :beerchug:

RyanH

by RyanH

reedplayer wrote:yes , very good looking bike, and both wheelsets go perfect with it. i am jealous (especially on the first picture with the boras you quite nailed it, imo)
may i ask what bar it is? 3t superergo?
It's the 3T Ernova Team Stealth. It seems to be a quite stiff bar, noticeably stiffer than the Specialized bars I've been using. Routing was a royal pita though. Even with a vacuum and string, trying to get the string to where the bar end is took about 15 minutes. I had some cable drag too but resolved that by carefully rewrapping the bars.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Your builds never dissappoint
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

reedplayer

by reedplayer

RyanH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 am
It's the 3T Ernova Team Stealth. It seems to be a quite stiff bar, noticeably stiffer than the Specialized bars I've been using. Routing was a royal pita though. Even with a vacuum and string, trying to get the string to where the bar end is took about 15 minutes. I had some cable drag too but resolved that by carefully rewrapping the bars.
thanks for the info. i asked because i just replaced a fsa kforce with a 3t superergo (for more reach), which ought to be the sucessor of the ergonova (shape is indeed as good as identical). routing was luckily quite easy, because the bar came with liners.
regards,

LouisN

by LouisN

The ensemble and lines are superb :beerchug: !!

Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I agree, I like the lines on this frame. I don’t see any port on the drive side downtube in the event you wanted to run a mechanical drivetrain. Is this an electric only frame?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ