"Old" Storck Absolutist 5,250kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Pop

by Pop

Hi again!
I don't know if I sent my old Storck...but it's a good day to do it (again?)

Frame Storck Absolutist 09 1018
Fork Storck Stiletto Aero 455
Steer Storck 70
Top Cap Tune 5
Expander Tune GumGum 10
Handlebar 3TTT Ergonova LTD 40cm 179
Stem Extralite Roadstem OC 84
Tubulars Tufo S3 Lite 414
Pedals Speedplay Zero Titanium 167
SeatPost Darimo 31,6 350mm 85
BottleCage New Ultimate 14
BottleCage bolts 2
Skewers Tune DC 14 34
Saddle Saevid S1 81
Tape Fizik 71
SeatPost Clamp Darimo Sub4 4
Shifters Sram Red 10s 322
Cassette Sram Red 10s 175
Chain Sram Red 10s 263
Front Derailleur Sram Red 10s 69
Rear Derailleur Sram Red 10s 147
Brakes Ciamillo GSL 198
Crank THM Clavicula M3 330
Cable Housing Sram 114
Cables 83
WheelSet Mecabici (Michel Debien) 1047
Chainring 50T FiberLyte 45
Chainring 34t Sram Red 30
TOTAL: 5516

I'd like to change its handlebar for a Darimo one, and try to get some eebrakes to use POwercordz with them (it's impossible to do it with Ciamillo ones, and I've got it with my old KCNC brakes...). My fork is so heavy, but it's hard to find another one that fits well....
Any idea to improve it???
Thanks!!!
Attachments
IMG_20181120_203109.jpg
IMG_20181120_203124.jpg
IMG_20181120_203140.jpg
IMG_20181120_203223.jpg
IMG_20181120_203251.jpg

hannawald

by hannawald

I would sand the frame and make it simple (get rid of blue) and those 9 letters. Black and white is all it neees and this will make it more timeless design..
Fork is obvious if you want to cut weight. As for brakes, latest Ciamillo Lekki brakes should be compatible with Powercordz as well, at least i was told this by Ted Ciamillo. You may save with some Nokon style housing. You may find lighter headset around 40g. It is pretty great setup anyway.
How is the wheelset?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pop

by Pop

hannawald wrote:I would sand the frame and make it simple (get rid of blue) and those 9 letters. Black and white is all it neees and this will make it more timeless design..
Fork is obvious if you want to cut weight. As for brakes, latest Ciamillo Lekki brakes should be compatible with Powercordz as well, at least i was told this by Ted Ciamillo. You may save with some Nokon style housing. You may find lighter headset around 40g. It is pretty great setup anyway.
How is the wheelset?
Thanks!!!!
Things that are inside my brain....
Fork: as I need a tapered one, I' ve seen THM Scapula and 3T Rigida LTD.
THM is amazing,but $$$$ (about 800€, 275g) and 3T is...."so normal"
Handlebar: new Darimo one...(400€, 130g)
In a box I've got an Extralite Ultrastar and a Extralite Hypercap to install it....

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

fitty4

by fitty4

How about a used cannondale fork, that is if it fits! some of them come in pretty light

Pop

by Pop

hannawald wrote:I would sand the frame and make it simple (get rid of blue) and those 9 letters. Black and white is all it neees and this will make it more timeless design..
How is the wheelset?
Wheelset are a "mecabici" one, made by Michele Debien, a french craftman and I think they are really nice!! (1047g)

Pop

by Pop

fitty4 wrote:How about a used cannondale fork, that is if it fits! some of them come in pretty light
I've seen a 3T LTD one (about 300€) with 300g...bur I don't know if it fits well (it's 1 1/8-1 1/4 too, but I don't know if I should check other atributes ..)

Pop

by Pop

So.....2 new items to update it!!!!
Fork: THM Scapula CT (about 150g less)
Handlebar: Darimo Ellipse (about 60g less)
Bar Tape: Tesa or Deda Traforato
Next year, new photos!!!!
Thanks, Santa!!!
:)

StanK

by StanK

hannawald wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:32 am
I would sand the frame and make it simple (get rid of blue) and those 9 letters. Black and white is all it neees and this will make it more timeless design..
For me, (original) paint job gives identity to bike. Strip all of those, paint it in matte black and you have (again, for me) pretty faceless bike. I would never do that, especially If I like the paint scheme. And I think very few people buy frame/bike that don't like it visually/aesthetically.
Second best is custom paint, excluding recent trend/fashion of all-matte-black-stealth look. The first association (again, to me) is that the bike was saved from some wild fire. :mrgreen:
I hope no one would hate me for saying that, because I see here many matte black bikes. :)

As for weight saving ...
Cinelli Original cork bar tape, 55g full length. With slightly less overlap you could end up with cca. 30g of very cheap weight saving from yours 70g.
Chain ... KMC or PYC could save cca. 40g. Again, not very expensive.

Pop

by Pop

New updates!!
THM Scapula CT fork (259g)
Darimo Elipse handlebar (124g)
Tesa tape
Extralite Top Cap (3g)
Total: about 5250g
Next step: sub5????
I think it's too expensive to get a sub 5..
Any idea? Jagwire cableset and kmc x10sl could be he next ones,but I think it would still be over 5....

ImageImageImageImageImage

jbaillie

by jbaillie

A handful of folks on the forum have sanded down old Red levers to good effect. It won't reduce much weight but looks pretty bling.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

What a great looking Storck. And really impressive weight.

A tiny weight saving but huge visual improvement would be to cut the cables to proper length as they do look rather long. I would cross the gear cables while at it to get a nice curve from handlebar to downtube (see one of Calnago's treads for inspiration).

KCookie

by KCookie

KCNC TI cables are very light but expensive, how about headset bearings. Some AX 25T Wheels would get you below 5kg but again an expensive purchase. My AXs were 785g.

Nozes

by Nozes

Check out Gelu saddles, the lightest coming in at 38gr.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

You can get a new Darimo saddle lock assembly (-8g); tune the rear derailleur; and Red Ti/carbon shifter clamps; you can glue a chip of permanent magnet with tape instead of screw-on magnet. Inspect frame hardware, maybe there's are steel bolts left. It's time to obsess over every little detail.

Pop

by Pop

Next steps:
Darimo loop seatpost
Jagwire Elite link brake (black one)
Jagwire Pro shift....maybe white ones!!...
Do you think could it be "nice" in white (only shift)??
I don't find the black ones for shifting (XEX housing), and perhaps I try the white ones....
(I've bought blue elite link brake ones and blue pro shift and I've return all.of them...)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com