New member, an a pair of bricks

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Step83

by Step83

Thought I'd share my weighty by you ghuys standards bikes.

First up the lighter of the two, namely as I've not weighed the other yet :lol:

Built coming in at 8.45Kg with pump and tool attached (pumps in the seat post tools attached to the seatpost cage)
Planetx RT-80 Medium frameset
Specialized carbon SWAT bottle cages multi tool mounts into the base of the seat tube cage
Mish max SRAM groupset Apex Brakes, Force 22 front Mech, Rival shifters, rival WiFli rear mech SRAM 1150 11-32T cassette (yay hip problems) KMC lightweight chain
Quarq crankset 172.5 alloy
Deda 90mm stem
Ritchley Neo classic alloy bars
Deda Superleggero seatpost
Fabric Scoop Ultimate shallow saddle
DT Swiss Tri Con 1455 / Chinese 66mm carbons for summer
Latex tubes
Schawalbe one V guard

Debating going tubeless but DT Swiss idea of tubeless rims is, odd

This one I'm calling project stupid, feel free to join in or add extra names!
Ignore the saddle angle most of its just been thrown on same with bar position, its actually missing half the chainring bolts, the non drive crankarm an teh rear mechs not even connected. Started life as a commuter bike now becoming a project. I literally have no idea on weight currently ill take a stab at 9Kg in its current state.

Eastway R3 frameset Medium
Non branded alloy cages
Fladria Bar and Stem
SRAM Apex shifters sanded an polished
Shimano 105 brakes
SRAM GX Rear mech
Sunrace MX3 11-42T cassette :lol:
SRAM Rival Crankset 42T Hope Retainer ring
Miche Seatpost
Selle Italia Superflow saddle
Mudgaurds I just didnt take off from when it was being used to commute on

Wheels and tyres can be ignored for now, front is part of a cheap set of Superstar wheels which came in around the 1.5Kg mark for the pair but im respraying the rear from white to black, rears nigh on 2kg

Marin

by Marin

Cool, I have the same Eastway and I'm using it as a commuter / rain bike. Want to go 1x too because all my other bikes are.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Step83

by Step83

Its not a bad frameset quite nice on longer rides, Id prefer a straight rather than curved fork but you cant have everything.

Weights after swapping out the saddle on the Px to a Specialzed Power Pro (better fit)

Px 8.04Kg which isnt bad, shouldnt be too hard to get it under 8Kg

Project stupid/Eastway R3.0 9.75Kg which is meh, but I have a rear wheel to change out which will loose a nice chunk its about a half kilo lighter an a couple odds an ends to change out to shave a bit, I doubt itll get down to 9Kg but I can try!

Step83

by Step83

Didnt think it would warrant a new thread as its the same bike just new groupset

7.77Kg 8) cool numbering
Planetx RT-80 Medium frameset
Specialized carbon SWAT bottle cages multi tool mounts into the base of the seat tube cage
Sram Etap all bar the cassette which is Force Red XG1170 11-32T KMC lightweight chain
Quarq crankset 172.5 alloy
Deda 90mm stem
Ritchley Neo classic alloy bars
Deda Superleggero seatpost
Hope seatpost clamp
Specialized Power Pro (much more comfortable)
DT Swiss Tri Con 1455 / Chinese 66mm carbons for summer
Latex tubes
Schawalbe one V guard
Shimano R540 light action pedals
Jagwire Elite Road Link cables
Token Shark skewers
FSA Expander plug and headset
Kapz custom stem cap
Generic carbon spacers

Debating swapping the cages for some elites I have which I think are a touch ligther, bar tape reminds me of gaffer tape I'm really not liking it, plus I messed up wrapping it hurryign to avoid the rain/dark.
Need to move the freehub body from one wheelset to carbonss its 11spd compatible the existing ones not, weight will likely go back around the 8Kg mark, certainly not a weeine.

Forgot I have a set of deda trentacinque m35 bars an stem, bars a little damaged from the cables being too short but fixable, may weigh them against the Ritchley/Deda combo see which is lighter.

Also, forgot how much of a pig single pivots are to set up :doh:

Better photos to come, light was failing