Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

And here she is...

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Great pic as usual.

IMO: back wheel looks heavy, a shallower depth would be more suitable. Stellar build otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Peeza21

by Peeza21

Man I wish I could take photos to capture my bike like you do!

Great photo, and even better bike. Truly amazing
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

r3m

by r3m

WOW <3

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

proper!
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Orbital

by Orbital

Looks great!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

From steering tube

I still have another 10mm to cut off

Power expert 155

New Sworks Mimic 155 (74g savings)

As it sits with Pedals, cages and garmin 14.21lbs / 6.44kg

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Bianchi10 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:58 pm
And here she is...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

rsantos450

by rsantos450

Looks great! Congrats.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I finally found you on here. I haven’t been on WW for awhile, but obviously following this build on IG. Fantastic I say. Your pictures, discussion, and insights are all top notch. It also rivals my own experience with this bike. I was able to get a Tarmac about a pound lighter, but I didn’t factor my Garmin into the weight, and I had a few notable differences. Mostly Sram mech Red22, CLX50’s, Dura Ace brakes, and a Zipp Sprint stem. I mirror your experience though. The bike is the best all around bike I’ve ridden. The ViAS was faster, but gave up the comfort, and while the finicky brakes worked well, they aren’t these awesome direct mounts. I also put my CLX64’s on, the stiffness, and speed weren’t worth it to me. The bike feels so balanced, and quick with the 50’s. I obviously cannot comment on your wheels, having not tried them. I also love the ee brakes. I had the original design on my 1g Venge, and I loved them, I have yet to use the direct mount version. Big clunky carbon stems are a thing I’ve come to love, for their increased stiffness, and the ride quality contribution. However, I always wanted to try a Hyperstem.

The handling is the best of any bike I’ve ridden. So superior, and stiff. It rivals my ViAS for sure. The softness while seated is a bit of an engineering marvel. The dropped seat stays, sloping top tube, zero stack seat clamp, and more flexible upper 120mm of the post are what makes it all ride like magic. Sorry if my Specialized employee fanboy of the engineering is showing. The new Venge gives that up, about half a pound, and the capability of rim brakes, or a mechanical group. That makes me love the Tarmac more. Sure the new Venge is more aero, but matching 1g Venge aerodynamically makes it the first Tarmac I’d buy. Discs and Electroshift, seem to be the future, but I value the capability of the Tarmac for the ability to go rim brakes, and mechanical. I think people like that stuff still.

Again congratulations on the build, and thanks for making my late night up with the baby entertaining.

mvcap

by mvcap

What's the IG handle where this build has been highlighted? Thx

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

mvcap wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 am
What's the IG handle where this build has been highlighted? Thx
My ID handle is https://www.instagram.com/nickarend/?hl=en

or just search "Nickarend"

RyanH

by RyanH

Bianchi10 wrote: I did one of my favorite route today and PR'd a 5 mile climb by 2 plus minutes without even trying.
That's pretty impressive! How steep is the climb?

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:24 am
I finally found you on here. I haven’t been on WW for awhile, but obviously following this build on IG. Fantastic I say. Your pictures, discussion, and insights are all top notch. It also rivals my own experience with this bike. I was able to get a Tarmac about a pound lighter, but I didn’t factor my Garmin into the weight, and I had a few notable differences. Mostly Sram mech Red22, CLX50’s, Dura Ace brakes, and a Zipp Sprint stem. I mirror your experience though. The bike is the best all around bike I’ve ridden. The ViAS was faster, but gave up the comfort, and while the finicky brakes worked well, they aren’t these awesome direct mounts. I also put my CLX64’s on, the stiffness, and speed weren’t worth it to me. The bike feels so balanced, and quick with the 50’s. I obviously cannot comment on your wheels, having not tried them. I also love the ee brakes. I had the original design on my 1g Venge, and I loved them, I have yet to use the direct mount version. Big clunky carbon stems are a thing I’ve come to love, for their increased stiffness, and the ride quality contribution. However, I always wanted to try a Hyperstem.

The handling is the best of any bike I’ve ridden. So superior, and stiff. It rivals my ViAS for sure. The softness while seated is a bit of an engineering marvel. The dropped seat stays, sloping top tube, zero stack seat clamp, and more flexible upper 120mm of the post are what makes it all ride like magic. Sorry if my Specialized employee fanboy of the engineering is showing. The new Venge gives that up, about half a pound, and the capability of rim brakes, or a mechanical group. That makes me love the Tarmac more. Sure the new Venge is more aero, but matching 1g Venge aerodynamically makes it the first Tarmac I’d buy. Discs and Electroshift, seem to be the future, but I value the capability of the Tarmac for the ability to go rim brakes, and mechanical. I think people like that stuff still.

Again congratulations on the build, and thanks for making my late night up with the baby entertaining.
Hey buddy! Yes, it is an absolutel dream to ride. I seriously thought about selling my Enve wheels and getting a set o CLX32 as it would save me 200g, but I love my Enve wheels. I know that they aren't the lightest set of wheels but they are great. I love how they look and feel on the road and aside from getting the personal satisfaction when it is hanging on a scale, I couldn't be happier with the build and how it performs. I have yet to find one thing about this bike that I dont love. I'm super grateful that I was able to make this happen and look forward to years of joy with it! :beerchug:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

RyanH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 am
Bianchi10 wrote: I did one of my favorite route today and PR'd a 5 mile climb by 2 plus minutes without even trying.
That's pretty impressive! How steep is the climb?
Not sure. I'd have to look it up, but its nothing epic. Might be an average of 3% overall as it has a couple rolling sections, but its one of those steady climbs with some fun falsy flat sections that you can ramp up your speed a bit. That segement is more fun that grewling :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com