Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Bam a lam that looks good. :mrgreen:

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

Hi,
I don't see a detail of the rear brake.
Did you install the adptator for eebrake ?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

1sanglier wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm
Hi,
I don't see a detail of the rear brake.
Did you install the adptator for eebrake ?
Thanks
Ugh...yeah that was an issue. My mechanic told me that the plate that came with the frameset was the adapter and i simply didnt know any better. But obviously, It wasnt. The brake caliper is installed without, but it is very tight. Its safe for now and I have a protected frame saver sticker placed so the arm doesnt scratch the frame. I have ordered the extender and will install this week.

Basher74

by Basher74

Beautiful! What do the Enve’s come in at?

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Congrats on the on your stunning Tarmac. I have a S-Works Tarmac (same paintsheme) on order myself and your thread made the wait so much more enjoyable!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Ugh...yeah that was an issue. My mechanic told me that the plate that came with the frameset was the adapter and i simply didnt know any better. But obviously, It wasnt. The brake caliper is installed without, but it is very tight. Its safe for now and I have a protected frame saver sticker placed so the arm doesnt scratch the frame. I have ordered the extender and will install this week.
Interesting, a friend of mine who owns a shop in Tulsa rides a 54 like us, and he made something with a brake noodle to make it work. There is apparently two versions of the ee brake for direct mount a standard, and for the Tarmac. He didn’t know that, and bought the standard and made his adaptor. Personally I don’t like the aesthetic of the adaptor plate, and prefer not using it. I bet the iLinks give you more flex than a regular cable. A closer shot would be awesome. I really don’t like the aesthetic of the adaptor plate, and I am glad it worked without it. Btw my Wahoo Kickr rubbed my non drive chainstay. A few wacks of a hammer got me the clearance I needed. To the trainer obviously. Haha.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

yeah its REALLY close. I have a protective stiver on the frame that I applied. I dont love the adapter either, but it will certainly allow for more clearance.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

nulldreiundreissig wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:37 am
Congrats on the on your stunning Tarmac. I have a S-Works Tarmac (same paintsheme) on order myself and your thread made the wait so much more enjoyable!
Thank you! Congrats on your new purchase as well, you will love it I'm sure!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Those detail shots on the rear brake are great. Clearance does look tight, but I’m not sure, I could use the adaptor. They looks so good!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:29 am
Those detail shots on the rear brake are great. Clearance does look tight, but I’m not sure, I could use the adaptor. They looks so good!
I got the adaptor on and installed. Much better clearance now. Dont think I need that protective take on there but threw it on for now just to be safe. Also got the steering tube properly cut and left a 2.5mm spacer above, but man it looks so much better.

1sanglier

by 1sanglier

:thumbup:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

The Di2 aluminium cover is a high sheen black which stands out on a matte finish frame. Used a matte finish vinyl over the plate and now it matches the frame perfectly! #Allinthedetails

moyboy

by moyboy

Great attention to detail, esp with the matte vinyl over that plate.

Also Extralite stem :beerchug:
Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 pm
The Di2 aluminium cover is a high sheen black which stands out on a matte finish frame. Used a matte finish vinyl over the plate and now it matches the frame perfectly! #Allinthedetails

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

That looks great. It probably saved a gram or two as well.