"BLACK BETTY" 2019 S-works Tarmac Update Now 6.07kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

killerrabbit wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm
Enve is hardly custom. Forget about that and try some Boras...

Bora with a non Campy set up though? I mean, should I start wearing Adidas socks with my Nike shoes now too??? lol

Rich_W

by Rich_W

So nevermind the CLX32s idea... how about a set of handbuilts laced to Extralite hubs?

Super happy with my 25mm hoops from Light Bicycles on my Emonda. 1275g laced to cheapo Bitex hubs.

Braking surface is siped like Zipp 202s. For rims brakes, pretty damn good. Build up their 35mm rims with Extralite's and you'll be in the 1200g range. Knock 330g off your bike right there.

Just sayin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

killerrabbit

by killerrabbit

Bianchi10 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 pm
killerrabbit wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm
Enve is hardly custom. Forget about that and try some Boras...

Bora with a non Campy set up though? I mean, should I start wearing Adidas socks with my Nike shoes now too??? lol
Yep. Once you try you won't care about that. I also like the new Mavic cosmic carbone/comete. Throw FSE in there too. Even better if tubular.

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

@Bianchi10 Do you happen to know if there is a difference in the Praxis Specialized chainring set vs the standard Praxis works buzz chainring set? If there isn’t then we are just being hit with a £40 premium in the UK to have the Specialized name on the outer chainring. Interested to know as I am looking to buy a pair.

How is the shifting holding up on them, along with the wear rate? I have had a set of the Praxis previously and had nothing but problems with them whilst downshifting onto the 39.

Thanks

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

FredBloggs wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:47 pm
@Bianchi10 Do you happen to know if there is a difference in the Praxis Specialized chainring set vs the standard Praxis works buzz chainring set? If there isn’t then we are just being hit with a £40 premium in the UK to have the Specialized name on the outer chainring. Interested to know as I am looking to buy a pair.

How is the shifting holding up on them, along with the wear rate? I have had a set of the Praxis previously and had nothing but problems with them whilst downshifting onto the 39.

Thanks
I asked Fairwheelbikes that same question and was told that it is just a specialized logo and nothing more. I only went with the specialized over the standard because specialized had a black Friday deal.

Ive used Praxis before and even comparing them to this set, the wesr is good. Durable set of rings and perform great. I still miss the look of the extralite rings I had, but I woukd rather have tjese ant day of week as i never have to give a second thought to miss shifting or just hoping it shifts at all. These are great!

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

Thanks for the update, I’ll save myself £40 then 😄

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Put campy and boras on it ;)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Bianchi10 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:36 pm
Im entertaining the idea of selling the Enve 4.5 wheels and getting something different. I havent had any issues with them, but this whole big thing with Enve recommending not to use open tubular clinchers has gotten in my head a bit.

I want something at the 50mm depth, clinchers, as light or lighter, stiff and about the same price.

What are some options you guys would recommend?
Imaking20 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:53 pm
CLX 50
This^

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

I'll sell you some CLX 50 :D

gurk700

by gurk700

I'm rockin' CLX 50's and very happy with them. I know stock wheels aren't the most exciting but Rovals are really good IMO.
Caden 60mm tubulars for race setup.

Kazyole

by Kazyole

I'm on CLX 32s. I'll chuck another recommendation for Roval. Super light for their depths and they roll really smooth. I've been very happy with my pair.

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

Stock wheels is a bit misleading though. Roval was a seperate company until Specialized bought em out. Cervelo had Enves shipped out with some of their bikes so I guess they can be considered stock wheels too!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

shuttlenote wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 pm
Stock wheels is a bit misleading though. Roval was a seperate company until Specialized bought em out. Cervelo had Enves shipped out with some of their bikes so I guess they can be considered stock wheels too!
Excellent point

Kazyole

by Kazyole

Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm
shuttlenote wrote:
Excellent point
"Stock wheelsets" can also generally be had on the cheap second-hand. I considered getting schmolke TLO 45s for my RCA build but ultimately went with Roval CLX32s. Could have saved maybe 50 more grams with the Schmolkes but I got the Rovals from a guy who put less than 100 miles on them for less than half what I would have paid. I mean if money were no object whatsoever I'd obviously rather have the schmolkes. But "stock" wheels are pretty good these days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gurk700

by gurk700

Kazyole wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:42 pm
Bianchi10 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm
shuttlenote wrote:
Excellent point
"Stock wheelsets" can also generally be had on the cheap second-hand. I considered getting schmolke TLO 45s for my RCA build but ultimately went with Roval CLX32s. Could have saved maybe 50 more grams with the Schmolkes but I got the Rovals from a guy who put less than 100 miles on them for less than half what I would have paid. I mean if money were no object whatsoever I'd obviously rather have the schmolkes. But "stock" wheels are pretty good these days.
Yep! DT Swiss and Roval wheels have been some of my favorite wheelsets. And I've tried a lot of way more expensive stuff (Zipp Enve etc)