"BLACK BETTY" 2019 S-works Tarmac Update Now 6.07kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Been a minute since I posted anything about this bike. Even with the SL7 and newer bike options out there, this is still my dream bike. I have ZERO interest in the SL7. After getting my disc Tarmac built up, I have grown to appreciate this rim brake bike even more. While the disc is nice for wet weather conditions, I would still take this bike over my disc any day of the week! My disc bike is for purpose and this is for everything else.

gurk700

by gurk700

Bianchi10 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:08 pm
Been a minute since I posted anything about this bike. Even with the SL7 and newer bike options out there, this is still my dream bike. I have ZERO interest in the SL7. After getting my disc Tarmac built up, I have grown to appreciate this rim brake bike even more. While the disc is nice for wet weather conditions, I would still take this bike over my disc any day of the week! My disc bike is for purpose and this is for everything else.

Welp, I've gotten the SL6 Disc, SL7 and Aethos after my SL6 superlight (rim) and I can tell you in confidence that you have a superior bike and not missing anything at all :lol:
Kinda wish I held onto mine but I'm in love with my current ride(s) so it's all good.

EDIT: Also if you ever, for some reason, feel the need to get a disc s-works, I'd suggest giving Aethos a serious thought before jumping on the SL7.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

gurk700 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:01 am
Bianchi10 wrote:

Welp, I've gotten the SL6 Disc, SL7 and Aethos after my SL6 superlight (rim) and I can tell you in confidence that you have a superior bike and not missing anything at all :lol:
Kinda wish I held onto mine but I'm in love with my current ride(s) so it's all good.

EDIT: Also if you ever, for some reason, feel the need to get a disc s-works, I'd suggest giving Aethos a serious thought before jumping on the SL7.
That is interesting to hear! I've heard some good things about the Aethos.

I'm curious when that "want a new bike" feeling is gonna grab me again. Almost 3 years now since I've had this bike and I still go out to wipe it down with love each day.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

If I were you, I would sell your disc Tarmac, it overlaps too much without doing anything particularly better. Plus people are paying ridiculous money for disc SL6 frames and hydro eTap 11. Get a cheapo gravel bike that'll fit 43s and that will be much more fun.

justRideIt

by justRideIt

dudemanppl wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 pm
Plus people are paying ridiculous money for disc SL6 frames....
Do you happen to know why those people are willing to pay ridiculous money?
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc @ 6.35-ish kg: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159454
2021 Specialized Diverge viewtopic.php?f=10&t=165482

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

dudemanppl wrote:
If I were you, I would sell your disc Tarmac, it overlaps too much without doing anything particularly better. Plus people are paying ridiculous money for disc SL6 frames and hydro eTap 11. Get a cheapo gravel bike that'll fit 43s and that will be much more fun.
I thought about going that route, but the entire reason for getting the disc Tarmac with Etap 11 was to have a disc bike that was identical to my nice weather bike. I wanted it to feel as familiar as possible. It isn't as fun to ride, but the overal fit and comfort on the bike is the same, which is what I was after.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Had the lighting out for my other bike, couldn't not take photos of Betty too! So the Silver SLF OWSP bits will go on my other Tarmac which will be getting a facelift. Will be getting black pulleys for this bike. Might even consider getting a black chain as well.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

dudemanppl wrote:
I wouldn't go the cheapo route, but gravel bikes definitely have become my favorite lately. I'll forever miss that SL6 I had when I was working for Specialized. I've even contemplated buying one used. My ViAS is probably my last roadbike until something truley amazing is released. The R&D acelleration Specialized put forth with the SL6, and ViAS truly changed the industry.

I think you need an Aspero5. That should be your next bike. Maybe sell your disc bike, or maybe not. I think if you build an Aspero5 similarly to your Tarmacs, you'll find yourself not riding your disc bike much. BTW, my Aspero5 build is coming soon....

flying

by flying

Bianchi10 wrote:
I would still take this bike over my disc any day of the week!
+1...It just sits & looks better IMO Lean/Mean :thumbup: :beerchug: