Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Well, after some serious time on the Extralight octaramp chainrings I decided to pull them and go with the Praxis. The Extralight rings were on the fence of being able to work but just to inconsistent for what I was able to put up with. I'm sure a majority of you would have either given up a long time ago on them or not tried them at all, but I can at least drop them and know that I gave them a solid effort to work. I have to give another shout out to Jason at Fairwheel bikes for allowing me the chance to try the chainrings out and giving them a true test before deciding if I wanted to keep them or return the used set he sent me. Not many companies (Especially a web based store) would do that.

After putting these Praxis rings back on, I can tell a significant difference in shifting performance and stiffness. Much smoother transition and I feel more peace of mind having them on. I will miss the look of those sexy extralight rings, but no point in having a top shelf performance bike like this that cant shift.

martinkartin

by martinkartin

Great bike build thread! Sad to see the Extralite chainrings go but performance is important right? Haha Loving the -12 stem on that frame!
Factor O2 Disc

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Every time I get on this bike, it still feels like a dream! SO smooth and comfortable. These bars are simply amazing. So in love with this bike!!!

exctasy

by exctasy

Bianchi10 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:06 pm
Here are some REALLY quick shots. wife was trying to get some things ready for Thanksgiving so I snuck out out lol

steering tube will be cut, I'm just playing it safe to make sure this set up works. Once I get out on a couple rides, it will be cut appropriately. Still need to make adjustments to saddle tilt, but the seat height is dead on and feels great.

nice work on the bike!
got a question, does that protruding screw on the front eebrake, hit the downtube, if u turn the cockpit to the right? in the event that you are packing the bike or carrying, and the cockpit suddenly turns to the right

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Good question. I never thought about that before, so I went out to check. Can confirm that it does not hit at all.

exctasy

by exctasy

Bianchi10 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:26 am
Good question. I never thought about that before, so I went out to check. Can confirm that it does not hit at all.
Thats great! Mine does and I got a scratch on the downtube. Darn it

markdjr

by markdjr

exctasy wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:28 am
Bianchi10 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:26 am
Thats great! Mine does and I got a scratch on the downtube. Darn it
Yeah mine hits on my SL5, I've got a pretty good gauge out of the carbon downtube. If I recall, I thought they redesigned the screw on the newer brakes to try and help with this issue, mine are not the newest EE's.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Im entertaining the idea of selling the Enve 4.5 wheels and getting something different. I havent had any issues with them, but this whole big thing with Enve recommending not to use open tubular clinchers has gotten in my head a bit.

I want something at the 50mm depth, clinchers, as light or lighter, stiff and about the same price.

What are some options you guys would recommend?

Imaking20

by Imaking20

CLX 50

Rich_W

by Rich_W

CLX 32s :thumbup:

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

The Rovals are very light and have CeramicSpeed bearings but the braking in conditions other than dry are less than stellar, it’s why I sold my CLX32s.

I am currently using Aeolus XXX4s and like everything about them except the partial gloss finish but I can live with it so if that’s something you don’t mind either, I recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 am
The Rovals are very light and have CeramicSpeed bearings but the braking in conditions other than dry are less than stellar, it’s why I sold my CLX32s.

I am currently using Aeolus XXX4s and like everything about them except the partial gloss finish but I can live with it so if that’s something you don’t mind either, I recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I have nothing against the roval wheel at all. Light and stiff. Obviously, good enough for grand tours, the. Good enough for me. However, while i know it isnt the most important thing. I have buily this bike up with the intention of being very custom. Not sure if i want to give up Enve wheels for a stock specialized wheel. Definitely not out of the question at all, just something i would have to put some thought into.

killerrabbit

by killerrabbit

Enve is hardly custom. Forget about that and try some Boras...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com