2019 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc (6,900g)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Routing the new Venge was one of the least enjoyable wrenching experiences I've ever had on a bike. That was enough to dampen whatever experience the bike might offer knowing that one days I'd have to do it again.

Then there's the BSA BB, which I'm a little disappointed about, but at least your crank would go with no spacers.

Personally, the SL7 does pretty much nothing for me. The SL6 is exceptional and I'd be surprised (not saying it's not possible) if Specialized is able to change that formula and still create such a fantastic and comfortable bike.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Imaking20 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am
Routing the new Venge was one of the least enjoyable wrenching experiences I've ever had on a bike. That was enough to dampen whatever experience the bike might offer knowing that one days I'd have to do it again.

Then there's the BSA BB, which I'm a little disappointed about, but at least your crank would go with no spacers.

Personally, the SL7 does pretty much nothing for me. The SL6 is exceptional and I'd be surprised (not saying it's not possible) if Specialized is able to change that formula and still create such a fantastic and comfortable bike.
Thank you sir... agreed as I've built up a few venges as well. At least the current is not as bad as the vias... yikes. I also prefer a standard round profile bar.

Didn't know the BB format changed. I originally had the Sworks crank, but the power meter never worked and SBC offered me to choose a powermeter of choice (within reason) as they had none in stcok at the time. SRM was off the table. I also have the ceramic speed BB insert which is as trouble free as it gets.

by Weenie

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Imaking20 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am
To be honest what we've seen so far looks like more an evolutionary SL6.5 than a revolutionary SL7...

Being a SL6 owner, i might be biased, but I really do not want / do not need fully internal cabling and I did not have any trouble with the BB over 16'000km.