2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 Warranty Replacement (was 2019 SL6 Disc)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Routing the new Venge was one of the least enjoyable wrenching experiences I've ever had on a bike. That was enough to dampen whatever experience the bike might offer knowing that one days I'd have to do it again.

Then there's the BSA BB, which I'm a little disappointed about, but at least your crank would go with no spacers.

Personally, the SL7 does pretty much nothing for me. The SL6 is exceptional and I'd be surprised (not saying it's not possible) if Specialized is able to change that formula and still create such a fantastic and comfortable bike.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Imaking20 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am
Routing the new Venge was one of the least enjoyable wrenching experiences I've ever had on a bike. That was enough to dampen whatever experience the bike might offer knowing that one days I'd have to do it again.

Then there's the BSA BB, which I'm a little disappointed about, but at least your crank would go with no spacers.

Personally, the SL7 does pretty much nothing for me. The SL6 is exceptional and I'd be surprised (not saying it's not possible) if Specialized is able to change that formula and still create such a fantastic and comfortable bike.
Thank you sir... agreed as I've built up a few venges as well. At least the current is not as bad as the vias... yikes. I also prefer a standard round profile bar.

Didn't know the BB format changed. I originally had the Sworks crank, but the power meter never worked and SBC offered me to choose a powermeter of choice (within reason) as they had none in stcok at the time. SRM was off the table. I also have the ceramic speed BB insert which is as trouble free as it gets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Imaking20 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am
To be honest what we've seen so far looks like more an evolutionary SL6.5 than a revolutionary SL7...

Being a SL6 owner, i might be biased, but I really do not want / do not need fully internal cabling and I did not have any trouble with the BB over 16'000km.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Quick Update - The SL6's BB ovalized after it consumed 3 ceramic speed BB-30 inserts. Spesh did me a warranty SL7. Build was transferred over. Its fast, a little heavier, but honestly pretty much the same. Only other changes since I last posted is I went tubeless (and blackwall). When you ride the Corsa 2.0 Gumwalls back-to-back to the tubeless versions - you have a "Holy crap these are waaaay faster" moment! :smartass:

Definitely preferred the matte finish over the gloss black - but is what it is.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

That's why my SL6 was replaced last year, I killed several BBs. SL7 isn't a bad upgrade!

sychen

by sychen

You are all watt monsters to warp the bb!

Not bad to get a sl7 for a RMA though.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Is that a warranty only color?

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Yes, gloss black is warranty only. Matte is much better as the clear coat scratches up too easily. Frustrating as I keep trying to polish it and it keeps getting worse.

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

Rich_W wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:54 am
Yes, gloss black is warranty only. Matte is much better as the clear coat scratches up too easily. Frustrating as I keep trying to polish it and it keeps getting worse.
TBH I always wanted a glossy black SL6 with white logos, but the satin black with reflective logos was the closest I could I get. As much as I love my bike, this has always been a slight regret.

However your bike looks amazing, but I also get your argument against the gloss finish.

Why does specialized have those amazing warranty only frames? They have the red venge, which looked much better than every other color option and yours is really brilliant, too.

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Master yoda I'm ready to become a skywalker
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

Rich_W

by Rich_W

tomsneo wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:48 pm
Master yoda I'm ready to become a skywalker

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

nulldreiundreissig wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:46 pm
Rich_W wrote:
TBH I always wanted a glossy black SL6 with white logos, but the satin black with reflective logos was the closest I could I get. As much as I love my bike, this has always been a slight regret.

However your bike looks amazing, but I also get your argument against the gloss finish.

Why does specialized have those amazing warranty only frames? They have the red venge, which looked much better than every other color option and yours is really brilliant, too.
Same here wanted gloss black finish with white logo. I ordered Quickstep, closest but in matte. I ended up with the carbon chameleon green silver, only 52 in stock.

reimns

by reimns

Rich_W wrote:

what is the frame weight /fork?
Last edited by reimns on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com