2021 S-Works Tarmac SL7 Warranty Replacement (was 2019 SL6 Disc)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Rich_W

by Rich_W

KotP wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 pm
It's now looking so good, we can forget this little dalliance happened at all. :mrgreen:
Fortunately we were able to rectify the situation without international incident... :roll:

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Cool!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martinkartin

by martinkartin

Those Strada Biancas looked impressive! Clearance was tight but looks like it rides well on sub average roads.
Factor O2 Disc

Rich_W

by Rich_W

martinkartin wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am
Those Strada Biancas looked impressive! Clearance was tight but looks like it rides well on sub average roads.
They do ride well, and they’ll be back on come spring.

My only complaint is how triple super tight they are to mount. I found it impossible to seat a proper sized butyl tube in there. I was running 19-25mm ultra light tubes in there that worked but occasionally they would twist on install no matter how much care I took mounting them.

Anyway, glad you prodded this thread, reminding me to order some 30mm latex tubes!

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Can anyone reccommend a speed sensor for this bike thats compatible with my Pioneer power meter that already measures cadence?

Anything but the ass-ugly type that wrap around the hub shell.

Reason being I want to use my power meter bike for roller workouts and be able to count the milage on Strava. Been using the Emonda for this (with the built in DuoTrap) but also want my power data.

parajba

by parajba

Rich_W wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:35 pm
martinkartin wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am
They do ride well, and they’ll be back on come spring.

My only complaint is how triple super tight they are to mount. I found it impossible to seat a proper sized butyl tube in there. I was running 19-25mm ultra light tubes in there that worked but occasionally they would twist on install no matter how much care I took mounting them.

Anyway, glad you prodded this thread, reminding me to order some 30mm latex tubes!
Is it ok to use latex tubes with the CLX50? The ride must be sublime!

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Why would there be any reason not to?

parajba

by parajba

Rich_W wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 pm
If I am not mistaken Zipp and Enve said not to use latex on their carbon rims as they can heat up too much and explode (because carbon does not dissipate heat very well). This is particularly true on long descends.

But things might have changed, just wondering as I love latex tubes.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

This is a disc brake bike... heat is a non issue

parajba

by parajba

Rich_W wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:43 am
This is a disc brake bike... heat is a non issue
Yes you are right :oops:

cjm

by cjm

The specialized warrenty page does say not to use latex tube!?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

parajba wrote:
Rich_W wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 pm
If I am not mistaken Zipp and Enve said not to use latex on their carbon rims as they can heat up too much and explode (because carbon does not dissipate heat very well). This is particularly true on long descends.

But things might have changed, just wondering as I love latex tubes.
Do they actually expand on their reasoning as you have, or do they just warn against using latex in their carbon clincher rims? Because heat aside, latex can creep into the seemingly tiniest of crevices and if it manages to wedge a portion of itself in between the bead and the rim, that’s a recipe for disaster irrespective of any heat issues.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Ok, curiousity peaked. Called Specialized rider care for a definitive answer:

“not recommended” for rim brake versions in terms of heat failure and safety . Use with disc brakes no problem.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’ve never really considered talking to the guy on the other end of a customer support phone call as the “definitive” answer. You’d like to think they’re all real knowledgeable, after all, that’s what they’re there for right? But there’s just been way too many times when I’ve been talking to let’s say, someone who thinks they know a whole lot more than they do. It’s hit and miss. For instance, I would have raised the possibility of latex creeping between the rim and the bead, and if he says “Oh no, that will never happen because we’ve designed the rim in such and such a way...etc”. Well then that answer would give me a lot more reassurance than if they respond with “What, latex creeping in between? In between what?... is that a thing”.
Uh, yes, that’s a thing... thank you for your time.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

:|

Hey got a little yellow cover for my pioneer to match the silly yellow stripe on my Aliante 00 saddle... yay... :beerchug: :thumbup: