Colnago C64 1x - 6,82kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Is anyone making a decent 10-36 yet? That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RZack89

by RZack89

LeDuke wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:39 pm
Is anyone making a decent 10-36 yet? That would be awesome.

Not yet, but I hope in something good with the new sram... :?: :lol:

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I’m not into the whole 1 x gearing on road bikes but I like it, I’m more curious on your thoughts on the Easton chainset?

RZack89

by RZack89

Wingnut wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:05 am
I’m not into the whole 1 x gearing on road bikes but I like it, I’m more curious on your thoughts on the Easton chainset?

The crankset works well, it's stiff and light; also the chainring has a quite long life. But the assembly is a little bit tricky and you have to works a lot with the setting of the preload ring and the "thicknesses".

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

WOW, this looks fantastic. I like the simplicity of a 1x, even if I have only attempted it on my CX bike and MTB myself. TBH I would have thought that you would go lower in weight with the 1x setup on this level of components and frame.

One way or the other there will be some limitations with only one chainring (at least for me as I am a fan of close ration cassettes), but I like the idea of it and after seeing your bike could certainly be tempted to try it out. Discs on the other hand...

RZack89

by RZack89

happyon2wheels wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:28 am
WOW, this looks fantastic. I like the simplicity of a 1x, even if I have only attempted it on my CX bike and MTB myself. TBH I would have thought that you would go lower in weight with the 1x setup on this level of components and frame.

One way or the other there will be some limitations with only one chainring (at least for me as I am a fan of close ration cassettes), but I like the idea of it and after seeing your bike could certainly be tempted to try it out. Discs on the other hand...
Yes, initially the idea of 1x was to compensate for the weight of discs and the frame, but after some rides I really appreciate it!

Now I would like to go under 6,5kg, with the same kind of built but with different components. The new frame will arrive in 1-2 weeks 8)

hannawald

by hannawald

I used to ride 1x setup, but didn't work for me. It was ok for lonely rides but not for group rides where i missed some gears, it was sometimes either too low or too high, i needed something inbetween.
Other than that great bike.

Sapateira

by Sapateira

Looks fantastic, Kudos for be diferent!

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:25 pm
I'm not exactly a huge 1xer.... but that bike looks solid
+1

Discs, OK, but 1x drivetrain... Each to their own I guess...

Otherwise great bike...

RZack89

by RZack89

Thank you all guys!! :wink: :thumbup:

I know 1x is a very particular choice and not so common, I had some doubts too before the proposal to adopt it... But, maybe, my "style" of pedaling is fitting with this drivetrain and I have great feelings with it; I'm not suffering the bigger gaps between the cogs, they are obviously present, but semplicity of only one chainring in the front and the shifting speed on the slope changes are much more significant for me.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i think this is good if you live in mountains. don't need the huge ring if you are flying down the mountain anyway.

cveks

by cveks

never rode this setup! I am traditional rider with 50/34 front and 11/30 back and this works great on sprints, mountains and hills.

How this setup of yours 40 front and 36 rear works out ? On climbs and sprints?

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Very cool bike.
I can understand the appeal of the simplicity of a 1x setup. it works pretty well for a specific purpose bike where you need a focused range of gears (I use one for commuting).
For a high-end road bike, I believe a tightly spaced cassette (as opposed to 1 massive one) with 2 rings in front (e.g. a supercompact if u dont want huge gears) gives a way better gear range. but as i said, for some bikes, a 1x is cool ;)

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Ciao, Riccardo! La tua bicicletta e bella!
Colnago e Campagnolo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeMoore

by MikeMoore

Reading the title I wanted to hate it, but I love the look!
Weight 74.4kg, FTP 303W => 4.04 W/kg

Retired Bikes
Custom 650B Kingdom Double9
Kinesis Aithein / Kinesis Racelight 4S

Current bikes
Reilly Spectre / Cervelo R3
Pivot Les / Pivot Mach4SL
Ventana El Conquistador