2019 Orbea Orca OMR MyO

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

Just built up my new frame, according to my rep at Orbea, this was the first 2019 MyO delivered to Canada (might be wrong, not sure). Anyways I love it.

It's a pretty mix and matched build right now because I'm busy with school, going to really make it nice next season.
Haven't weighed the bike yet but should be about 7.2kg. Still, need to cut down the fork a little once I nail my position. Yeah I know there are parts I could've gotten that would've been lighter but I only felt like using my employee pricing with the brands I sell in the store.
Attachments
IMG_7615 (1).jpg

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Shop employee and can't build a bike to spec? Shame...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

What's with that handlebar angle tho

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

dudemanppl wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 pm
Shop employee and can't build a bike to spec? Shame...
lol just paid for a field course in South America ($3000) and I also enjoy having a social life and being a college student.

Trust me once it's spec'd out it's going to be completely different, this was just so I could get out and ride it before the snow.

Going for Ceramic Speed OSPW and BB, Mavic Cosmic Ultimates, Chris King headset, Selle Italia C59 plus some other stuff if I want to change up posiiton.

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

tonytourist wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:29 pm
What's with that handlebar angle tho
Yeah forgot the fiber grip so it was all over the place. Also the bars were really weird in general, went for the K-Force new ergo or whatever their top of the line one is called, was too lazy to deal with the 6D.

bilwit

by bilwit

always loved the look of this latest Orca, super underrated frame IMO, as with most traditional-ish frames these days

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

CraigKnobovitch wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm
lol just paid for a field course in South America ($3000) and I also enjoy having a social life and being a college student.

Trust me once it's spec'd out it's going to be completely different, this was just so I could get out and ride it before the snow.

Going for Ceramic Speed OSPW and BB, Mavic Cosmic Ultimates, Chris King headset, Selle Italia C59 plus some other stuff if I want to change up posiiton.
Not that, I meant the RD housing and bar angle. Build kit is fine, nothing to be made fun of.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Cables in all sorts of angles, skewer on the wrong way, rear housing too long, mismatched tires... Lovely frame though.
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:27 pm
Cables in all sorts of angles, skewer on the wrong way, rear housing too long, mismatched tires... Lovely frame though.
I know! I rush it because I really wanted to get outside and test it out before the coming snow this week.,

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Tough crowd.... but I agree, much more important to get out and ride rather than worry about aesthetics.

Nice work, loving the frame colour.

GJ

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

CraigKnobovitch wrote:
VTR1000SP2 wrote:
I know! I rush it because I really wanted to get outside and test it out before the coming snow this week.,
Fair enough unless you’re the mechanic at the shop ;)
Did you weigh the frame and fork before assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 am
CraigKnobovitch wrote:
VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Fair enough unless you’re the mechanic at the shop ;)
Did you weigh the frame and fork before assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I built every bike like that I wouldn't have a job there :lol:
The frame is roughly 900grams (frame and fork), didn't get a chance to slap it on a scale but i did some quick math by subtracting the weight of everything that wasn't the frame and fork in the box. As is feels about the same as my last build (CAAD 10, (7.2kg)), by the time next season starts it'll probably be well below that and also below the UCI limit when I have it set up for everything that's not racing.

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

Gearjunkie wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:48 pm
Tough crowd.... but I agree, much more important to get out and ride rather than worry about aesthetics.

Nice work, loving the frame colour.

GJ
I don't mind the criticism, I hate seeing such a nice frame having to be paired with such an ugly set up, it won't last long though

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

dudemanppl wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:06 pm
CraigKnobovitch wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Not that, I meant the RD housing and bar angle. Build kit is fine, nothing to be made fun of.
yeah that's a whole mess. Going to fully re-adjust the set up in the coming weeks so it doesn't look as gross. Also just took a peek at your Ti bike, oh my god that thing is gorgeous!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

Here's my current setup. Sold my TC50s and ended up getting Cosmic USTs (had a client have major repair headaches with ultimates. Swapped out my bars for Vision Metron 4Ds as well. going to go for the OSPW and BB once I upgrade to eTap (if I still decide to) and also maybe swap out the bearings in the wheels for CeramicSpeed ones. Right now it weighs in at 7.25kg
Attachments
IMG_8966.jpeg