Trek madone slr9 disc - 8,2kg - project one

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

joren

by joren

Bad news .

after a few rides I noticed some play at the seat post .
The dealer disassembled everything and put it back correctly , then everything is tightened correctly .
but after the first ride the problem is back .
After that the dealer contacted trek and they need to check up the bike by them self .
Today i was cleaning the bike to send it to trek and then i notticed a big crack under the BB.

Now i need to wait on some more news from trek :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joren

by joren

kgt

by kgt

Don't worry, I guess they will replace your frame. That's the philosophy of these brands: there is no need for high manufacturing standards. Just make the frame cheap enough and replace it if needed. The customer gets a new frame and the brand seems to provide great customer service. Then everyone is happy.
Last edited by kgt on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

That is not a crack.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Please provide more photos. From that photo, it appears to be a paint chip, likely from something getting caught between the tire and frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

The tire is far from the frame at this specific area.

izza

by izza

What setting did you have the isospeed on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jturk

by jturk

[/quote]

Wraping the decals to a white gloss finish , what do you guys think ?

[/quote]

Sick looking bike!

What did you do this with? I've been looking for some options to do the Trek logo in Gold on my Sunburst Madone.

Also, did you end up switching to the 140 discs? I put Dura Ace 140s on mine vs the 160s, I do descend pretty big steep mountain in Utah and haven't had any issues.

Thanks!

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I love my 2019 SLR but the BB is a POS! I have to pull out the crank and clean it after every few rides otherwise it creaks under load. I have never experienced this on any other bike.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

That’s very odd. I would have the dealer check it out. If it’s out of spec, Trek will fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Noctiluxx wrote:I love my 2019 SLR but the BB is a POS! I have to pull out the crank and clean it after every few rides otherwise it creaks under load. I have never experienced this on any other bike.
If you have to pull the BB every few rides, something is wrong. If it’s a problem with the frame itself, Trek will replace it. However, I’ve written about this before and I’ll repeat it here. If it’s a Shimano crank, it’s important to get the mechanical preload just right, and it often isn’t. If you were to simply tighten the crank enough for the little pin to fall in place in the spindle and stop as soon as it does, that is likely your problem. You need to tighten the crank till it’s binding, then back it off just a smidge, much the same as you might adjust some cup and cone bearings. Otherwise you might end up just like a brand new Madone that was brought to me, built at the official Trek Store by their mechanics, etc. It had play in it, and aside from being noisy if it had continued to be ridden in that condition the bearings would have worn away at the shell itself due to their constant sliding back and forth as a result of not being installed correctly in the first place.
But either way, that’s unacceptable. Reinstall properly, and if it continues, I’d be contacting your dealer for a replacement. I’m going to assume it’s not something as simple as a dirty chain.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Calnago wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:48 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:I love my 2019 SLR but the BB is a POS! I have to pull out the crank and clean it after every few rides otherwise it creaks under load. I have never experienced this on any other bike.
If you have to pull the BB every few rides, something is wrong. If it’s a problem with the frame itself, Trek will replace it. However, I’ve written about this before and I’ll repeat it here. If it’s a Shimano crank, it’s important to get the mechanical preload just right, and it often isn’t. If you were to simply tighten the crank enough for the little pin to fall in place in the spindle and stop as soon as it does, that is likely your problem. You need to tighten the crank till it’s binding, then back it off just a smidge, much the same as you might adjust some cup and cone bearings. Otherwise you might end up just like a brand new Madone that was brought to me, built at the official Trek Store by their mechanics, etc. It had play in it, and aside from being noisy if it had continued to be ridden in that condition the bearings would have worn away at the shell itself due to their constant sliding back and forth as a result of not being installed correctly in the first place.
But either way, that’s unacceptable. Reinstall properly, and if it continues, I’d be contacting your dealer for a replacement. I’m going to assume it’s not something as simple as a dirty chain.
I actually just remove the crank and rubber seals and clean around it. The pic below is after a week of riding during recent rainfall back in February. No I did not go off road. Even with current sunny weather the BB still gets dirty, though not as bad as the pic below.
Attachments
IMG_4401.jpg
IMG_4781.jpg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

You call that “dirty”? Ok then.
Well, what I just wrote still applies regarding the preload. I’d pop out those bearings and give everything a good clean and some nice new grease then button it all up properly, ensuring that all play has been removed. Slap a thick layer of marine grease between the bearing and the outer cover, and let it squish to the edges. At least it would provide a better seal to keep out grit and dust from getting between the bearing and shell. That is really what needs to be clean, and make sure all the play is removed from the crank. Did I say that twice.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Lafolie

by Lafolie

Always been an Italian purist , byt the 2019 Project one with the Icon colourway has got my heart beat up !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jcnz

by jcnz

joren wrote:Bad news .

after a few rides I noticed some play at the seat post .
The dealer disassembled everything and put it back correctly , then everything is tightened correctly .
but after the first ride the problem is back .
After that the dealer contacted trek and they need to check up the bike by them self .
Today i was cleaning the bike to send it to trek and then i notticed a big crack under the BB.

Now i need to wait on some more news from trek :(
Do you mean lateral play in the seat mast? E.g. Moving from side to side? If so, I have the same issue and its currently in the shop for the 4th time....A common issue it seems.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk