Trek madone slr9 disc - 8,2kg - project one

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

jcnz

by jcnz

Very nice machine!

My SLR7 is also 8.2kg so pretty consistent with weight...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joren

by joren

kgt wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:26 pm
Heavy but hot looking machine.
How do you like the saddle? Is it comfortable?
Yeah for me it's comfy , i rode the previous models a lang time and switched to the new model of regale for 2018 and i like it .

Yesterday i tried some nice ideas that i had in my mind when i order the bike .

Wraping the decals to a white gloss finish , what do you guys think ?

Also Switched the ultegra discs to Dura ace discs .

spartan

by spartan

what setting is the iso speed set to ? can you notice a diff ?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

nice bike. i find trek very difficult to deal with and not very detail oriented. for example, i gave measurements from center of bb to saddle rails, and they send me the short seat mast instead of the longer one. they don't use the info you give them. also, they don't want to take any bikes out of the box since they come from taiwan.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Are you dealing with them personally, or through a dealer? Even when I've had issues with Trek (wrong fork on my wife's old Madone), Trek corrected the issues and sent me a new one (along with a credit). Your dealer is the one who needs to address this issue through their rep.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

dealt with the dealer who dealt with trek. i think trek only wants to sell to the masses and not really focus on the customer service. simple things seem to be too difficult for them. that's why i like the shops like fairwheelbikes and starbike that will meet your needs.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I can't say I disagree with your claim that Trek wants to sell to the masses - that's their business models (and Specialized's, too). They've closed all but one of the small shops, and left everyone to go through the big shop here in Houston (home of the 5th largest Trek dealer), which is really disappointing, since one of the shops sponsored my race team. Personally, I've never had problems with their customer service, but in the past, I dealt with a smaller shop in my hometown that is still a dealer.

The dealer should be more responsive, especially on a high-end frame, where you specified certain parts. I wouldn't hold back on contacting Trek, directly, if the local dealer fails to help you out.

juiced

by juiced

Are you running a pwoermeter?

1415chris

by 1415chris

In weight terms not that far away from my full suspension mtb rig ;)

bencolem

by bencolem

Saddles are very personal but I used to love the old Regale FX, the new ‘flat’ version like you’ve got was a weapon of torture for me!

Anyway, are they 28mm tires? They look like balloons on those rims! Must make for a super comfy ride with the new isospeed decoupler.

Bike looks great btw - like that they’ve done away with the big seal on the seat tube top that visually looks heavy on my 2017 model.

joren

by joren

@spartan : I have not driven the bike yet, the bike is hydrocoat this weekend. This week I am going to ride it for the first time, I will let you know the result .

@juiced : my single-sided 4iiii has been ordered .

@1415chris , not so many options to lower the weight without speding a lot of money .

@bencolem : This saddle is perfect for me , like a lot of saddles by the way .

After some comments i am thinking to switch the 160 discs to 140 disc ( back and front) .

What do you guys think ? I never do long descents only once when I go to training camp to Spain .

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Although dissapointe din the final weight, the only option to lower the weight are the wheels.
A set with lower rims might be interesting fro climbing or to add some comfort for Flanders?

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

that seatpost is very high. could you have gone a frame size or two larger?

Mep

by Mep

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the XXX cage is aesthetically incompatible with the Madone? It looks a little round compared to the airfoil lines found on the frame.

juiced

by juiced

So as you said definitely could lose weight by changing wheels. Hell i9 65s are almost 200 grams lighter as are Bontragers xxx 6. If you went with i9 45 or bontragers 4xxx you would lose 300 grams, putting you in 7.9 kg range.

As for rotor size depends on your weight also. I run 160/160 live in the mtns. Seen lighter riders blue 140s prefer not have brake fade. I’m 74kg so not a big boy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com