6.1kg S Works Roubaix 2011

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Earlysport

by Earlysport

Hi all,

First time poster. I rarely road ride and am more usually found on the dirt either downhilling or riding up to go down. I am a weight weenie though and usually get some ribbing by my mtb friends for my focus on lightweight. My Demo DH bike is 15kgs which is reasonably light for a proper DH rig.

For the times I do ride road I want a comfortable ride and reasonably modern geometry. I recently picked up this older roubaix for a great price, with the intent to mix and match parts with my old Giant TcR custom build.

This is a budget build, however I was secretly hoping to crack into the 5.9 something kilo range, but alas as it sits its 6.14. I could switch out tires to a race tire and save around 150 grams, and change the cassette to a recon Ti and drop another 50 grams. Maybe one day..

Most of my time with this build was restoration - repairing paint chips, polishing, repainting crank arms, cleaning etc. I wanted it looking like a new bike and managed to achieve that after more hours than I want to recall..

Basic spec list;

2011 S works roubaix SL3 frame and fork (frame isn't light - 1144 grams with bb30 bearings)
2011 era S works cranks (they're light - 388 grams)
eBay China carbon 38mm tubular wheel set
Tufo S33 24mm tubular tires
PRO carbon bars
FSA 100mm stem with ti bolts
Sram bar tape
Selle kit carbonio saddle with carbon rails
Hylix seat post
eBay carbon seat clamp
Dura Ace 10 speed shifters, front and rear derailleurs
KMC DLC SL chain
Extralite compact chain rings 50/34
TRP brakes (a touch lighter than the dura ace)
Costelo pedals
eBay Ti skewers

Pic;
IMG_1428.JPG
I'm not likely to change the bike much in the near future, however the lure of 5.x kgs is strong.. ha.

Cheers,

Earlysport

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com