BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO Di2 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I did a bike fit a couple weeks ago and I went back to the standard seatpost. The fitter said that I was positioned too far forward which caused some knee and shoulder pain. Moving the saddle backwards and upwards certainly made longer rides more enjoyable and one nice surprise was a boost in performance. By having the saddle too far forward, I was limiting the use of my hamstrings + glutes, and I was over using my quads... I didn't know any better since I'm a fairly novice cyclist. I should have gone to do a bike fit years ago!

Here are a couple new photos from my recent rides.

Col du Marchairuz

Solo ride around lac leman

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Hey, since you did your fitting, wondering what your bb to top of the saddle and tip of the saddle to bar top measurements?

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Saddle tip to bar is 51.5cm. Bottom bracket to top of saddle is 70.5cm. I am 172cm with an inseam of 81cm.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I purchased my first powermeter with the intention to do more structured training efforts. After a bunch of research, I settled on a 4iii left-sided Precision powermeter which is mounted on a Ultegra 6800 crankarm. It was a far bit cheaper than the R8000 crankarm which I technically should have purchased to match my R8000 crankset. But when you see them side-by-side, there's very little difference in design and color. The R8000 arm is a bit wider though you would be bery hardpressed to spot the difference

R8000 on top and 68000 below.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Anyone know what is the max tire clearance for this frame?

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I recently switched from 25mm to 28mm Vittoria Corsas (measured 28mm on a 18mm internal/25mm externa rim). There is 4mm of clearance on the fork and 3mm clearance on the rear seat stay.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Quest for a new saddle:

The starting point...Selle SMP Lite 209.

I’ve had this saddle for a couple years and while it was comfortable, it was quite heavy (321g) and you cannot adjust your sitting position due to the shape of the Selle SMPs. The shape is fine for rides around 3 hours, but I would get sore for anything longer and I believe it’s cause I was ‘fixed’ to the saddle. Also, I found the extreme nose of the Selle SMPs useless and quite ugly to be honest. I did like the curved back, width, and cutout, but I wanted something lighter and a bit flatter so I could around move around more.

Sticking with the Selle SMP family, I put a bid for a Selle SMP Carbon which I ended up winning for next to nothing

In photos it looked like the SMP Carbon saddle was flatter than the Lite 209, but I was disappointed to find that they are really the same shape. The saddle was considerably lighter (163g), but comfort was nonexistant due to the inox rails and the lack of padding on the bare carbon shell. It was also very slippery. I only had this saddle for a month before selling it on for a profit.

I read a lot of positive reviews on the Specialized Romin. It seemed like a good candidate due to the cutout and the shape looked similar to the Selle SMP, but without the extreme curvature on the nose. So I bid on a new old stock Specialized Romin Pro (208g) and fell in love when it arrived. The slightly flatter shape allowed me to sit in the front, middle or back of the saddle. The curved back gave me something to push against while climbing. The cut out eliminated any numbness. I finally found the saddle for me... (or so I thought)

But of course, this is ww and I wanted to shave a few more grams. That brings to me today and the saddle that’s currently on my bike…S-Works Romin Evo. The shape is very similar to the Romin Pro with a bit more. What’s more is it shaved a considerable amount of weight from where I started… only 126g for a side 143mm. I've read that people didn't like the shortened nose of the Romin Evo vs the older Romin Pro, but I cannot tell the difference at all. I do notice that the Evo is more comfortable than the Pro.

The old Romin Pro is now on my steel winter/commuter rig.