BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO Di2 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Bilwit is correct. It's a custom piece from BMC and the part number is 301102 (Di2 kit#8). You cannot use the plate from Shimano which comes with the EW-RS910 because the shape and holes are different shaped.
67DE97D2-5CB6-4644-BF49-A555E67BD0CB.jpeg

shaunmbull

by shaunmbull

many thanks guys ill try to source one

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

@iamraymond

have you had any issues with the seatpost cover? my first one fell off during a ride so I bought new ones from my dealer--apparently BMC are aware of the same issue so they released a "revised" version of it which just has a longer grommet.. however the diameter of it is too thick for the bolt to go inside, so when I torque the bolt into the wedge, it pushes the cover right off.. ATM mine is only inserted in the wedge about half a millimeter so it's begging to pop out. It's a really asinine design choice. They could have just made a little rubber cover that has a collar to go around the seatpost like on the Roadmachine. I think either the bolt is too long or the insert part of the cover is not long enough.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

bilwit wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 pm
@iamraymond

have you had any issues with the seatpost cover? my first one fell off during a ride so I bought new ones from my dealer--apparently BMC are aware of the same issue so they released a "revised" version of it which just has a longer grommet.. however the diameter of it is too thick for the bolt to go inside, so when I torque the bolt into the wedge, it pushes the cover right off.. ATM mine is only inserted in the wedge about half a millimeter so it's begging to pop out. It's a really asinine design choice. They could have just made a little rubber cover that has a collar to go around the seatpost like on the Roadmachine. I think either the bolt is too long or the insert part of the cover is not long enough.
Fortunately for me I haven’t had any issues with the seat clamp cover. I read reviews which described difficulties with the cover so it made me extra cautious by not fiddling with the seat post too much. My frame is a MY2018 so I’m guessing it has the original problematic cover but I’m not 100% sure.

I found that the clamp bites the post so well that I need to twist the seat side to side before it releases from the frame. The seat clamp cover itself is also a very tight fit and doesn’t budge at all when things are tightened down. So far so good for me.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

a really nice clean looking bike!

parajba

by parajba

Nice bike. I am thinking about buying a SLR01 coming from Cervelo (S2 and R3 from 2010).
How does the SLR01 ride? I am thinking of Di2 and some 50mm rims with tubeless.

tl8nicol

by tl8nicol

I saw this topic and coincidentally I am thinking about the very same project. I still did not buy the bike because I want to check a few details first. But I have a good deal in sight and the idea is to upgrade with my parts from previous bike.

I am coming from a Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod which I have upgraded with eTap. So I will have to buy the disc wheels, the shifters/calipers/rotors for eTap and a new crankset, as my current is a Hollowgram.

My questions:

1) What is the correct bottom bracket for the new crank that fits the BMC TeamMachine SLR01 ? Or do I need any adapter?

2) Do the calipers from Sram eTap HRD fit the BMC frame/fork (i.e. directly to the frame without mounts) ?

3) By using Sram rotors - 6 bolts - I will need a center lock adapter if I intend to get a Enve, correct ?

All help is welcome. Thanks!
<><

gurk700

by gurk700

Awesome bike! One thing I'll say about this bike and a lot of BMC's is that photos never do justice to the colors. The tone of grey and blue are pretty awesome in person. Not that it looks bad in photos but you know what I mean.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

1) I'm assuming you are upgrading to SRAM Red HRD with SRAM cranks so you'll need a GXP pressfit BB.
2) I checked the manual for the Teammachine and it doesn't list a brake adapter (like what is needed on the Roadmachine). I don't think that an adapter is needed, but I could be wrong so you're best to contact BMC Support; they're great at responding.
3) I'm fairly sure that the Enve hubs (assuming that's what you're going to use) include a Centerlock to 6-Bolt adapter. This is true for many other manufacturers such as DT Swiss.
Attachments
Teammachine Disc Parts list
Teammachine Disc Parts list
Roadmachine Disc Parts list
Roadmachine Disc Parts list

iamraymond

by iamraymond

gurk700 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:53 pm
Awesome bike! One thing I'll say about this bike and a lot of BMC's is that photos never do justice to the colors. The tone of grey and blue are pretty awesome in person. Not that it looks bad in photos but you know what I mean.
Thanks gurk. I was contemplating covering up the blue with some black vinyl so it matches the non-drive side. But I'm thinking that it might make the bike look really plain.

Here's a photo from today's ride.
IMG_6582 2.jpg
And here's a photo of the more subtle non-drive side
IMG_6539.jpg
Since my last photos, I've changed the bars to 400mm Easton EC90 SLX3, switched back to my Selle SMP, switched to a 0mm offset seat post, and added a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt

gurk700

by gurk700

iamraymond wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:07 pm
gurk700 wrote:
Thanks gurk. I was contemplating covering up the blue with some black vinyl so it matches the non-drive side. But I'm thinking that it might make the bike look really plain.

IMG_6582 2.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

Since my last photos, I've changed the bars to 400mm Easton EC90 SLX3, switched back to my Selle SMP, switched to a 0mm offset seat post, and added a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
As much as I like stealthy bikes, I think the blue highlight looks great! But it's all subjective ofcourse :)

Konsi

by Konsi

iamraymond wrote:
gurk700 wrote:

IMG_6582 2.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

The road looks oddly familiar. On the way to Saint-Cergue?

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Konsi wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 pm
The road looks oddly familiar. On the way to Saint-Cergue?
Good eye! Yes you're right it's on the way up to Saint Cergue. I climbed it for the first time yesterday and it was a nice pleasant climb.

tl8nicol

by tl8nicol

iamraymond wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm
1) I'm assuming you are upgrading to SRAM Red HRD with SRAM cranks so you'll need a GXP pressfit BB.
2) I checked the manual for the Teammachine and it doesn't list a brake adapter (like what is needed on the Roadmachine). I don't think that an adapter is needed, but I could be wrong so you're best to contact BMC Support; they're great at responding.
3) I'm fairly sure that the Enve hubs (assuming that's what you're going to use) include a Centerlock to 6-Bolt adapter. This is true for many other manufacturers such as DT Swiss.
Thanks a lot iamraymond. I will check these points and try to give it a go. Finding parts and best offers will be a fun work from now on :-)
<><

Conza

by Conza

iamraymond wrote:
IMG_6539.jpg
Get that bike off the ground/dirt/grass! :o :lol: :P
It's all about the adventure :o .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com