BMC Teammachine SLR01 TWO Di2 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I did a bike fit a couple weeks ago and I went back to the standard seatpost. The fitter said that I was positioned too far forward which caused some knee and shoulder pain. Moving the saddle backwards and upwards certainly made longer rides more enjoyable and one nice surprise was a boost in performance. By having the saddle too far forward, I was limiting the use of my hamstrings + glutes, and I was over using my quads... I didn't know any better since I'm a fairly novice cyclist. I should have gone to do a bike fit years ago!

Here are a couple new photos from my recent rides.

Col du Marchairuz

Solo ride around lac leman

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Hey, since you did your fitting, wondering what your bb to top of the saddle and tip of the saddle to bar top measurements?

by Weenie

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Saddle tip to bar is 51.5cm. Bottom bracket to top of saddle is 70.5cm. I am 172cm with an inseam of 81cm.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I purchased my first powermeter with the intention to do more structured training efforts. After a bunch of research, I settled on a 4iii left-sided Precision powermeter which is mounted on a Ultegra 6800 crankarm. It was a far bit cheaper than the R8000 crankarm which I technically should have purchased to match my R8000 crankset. But when you see them side-by-side, there's very little difference in design and color. The R8000 arm is a bit wider though you would be bery hardpressed to spot the difference

R8000 on top and 68000 below.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Anyone know what is the max tire clearance for this frame?

iamraymond

by iamraymond

I recently switched from 25mm to 28mm Vittoria Corsas (measured 28mm on a 18mm internal/25mm externa rim). There is 4mm of clearance on the fork and 3mm clearance on the rear seat stay.