Focus Izalco Max 56cm eTap - 5.31 or 5.82kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

rexyi1990
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

by rexyi1990

Hey, Nice build! I bought the same frameset! Your job looks fantastic! I am much more excited about my coming new ride after waching yours!

by Weenie


rexyi1990
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

by rexyi1990

rexyi1990 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm
Hey, Nice build! I bought the same frameset! Your job looks fantastic! I am much more excited about my coming new ride after waching yours!
And here is what I am going to build:
Frameset - 54cm Focus Izalco Max
Groupset - SRAM eTap (FD, RD, Shifters, Cassette)
Chain - KMC X11 DLC
Crank - THM Clavicula SE, 172.5 (come from my old Fuji)
Chainrings - Carbon-Ti 50/34 (come from my old Fuji)
Seatpost - Carbonice
Saddle - Riesel Design (come from my old Fuji)
Barstem - AX Lightness 4200 w/ AX Lightness Righd (come from my old Fuji)
Bartape - Guee
Brakes - AX Lightness AX3000 (come from my old Fuji)
Cables - Jagwire Road Elite w/ KCNC nano brake cables
Pedals - Speedplay zero Ti (come from my old Fuji)
Skewers - Carbon-Ti
Cage - AX Lightness
Wheelsets - Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate w/ 23mm Conential Sprinter Gatoskin / 11-28 XG1190
AX Lightness Ultra 24T / 21mm Tufo elite jet (<160g) / 11-28 XG1190

will post photos after my ride is done! :beerchug:

User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

rexyi1990 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm
rexyi1990 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm
Hey, Nice build! I bought the same frameset! Your job looks fantastic! I am much more excited about my coming new ride after waching yours!
And here is what I am going to build:
will post photos after my ride is done! :beerchug:
Damn! Nice build! Sounds like it's going to be close to 5kg.

Jugi
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 am

by Jugi


VTR1000SP2 wrote: had my shortlist narrowed down to the Tarmac SL6 or new Venge but then I came across this frameset from Piermont Bikes on their eBay store and the deal was too good to pass up
BTW, did you get to test ride any of the Tarmac SL6 models before deciding on the Izalco?

User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

Jugi wrote: BTW, did you get to test ride any of the Tarmac SL6 models before deciding on the Izalco?
No I didn’t get that chance


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:29 am

by Clean39T

Has anyone asked Piermont if the Izalco frames come with the warranty? Price just dropped to $899 and I'm getting an itchy finger...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

Clean39T wrote:Has anyone asked Piermont if the Izalco frames come with the warranty? Price just dropped to $899 and I'm getting an itchy finger...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have and they say yes. I also confirmed this with Focus Bikes USA. Piermont is an authorized dealer.

I’m tempted to build another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:29 am

by Clean39T

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:03 pm
Clean39T wrote:Has anyone asked Piermont if the Izalco frames come with the warranty? Price just dropped to $899 and I'm getting an itchy finger...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I have and they say yes. I also confirmed this with Focus Bikes USA. Piermont is an authorized dealer.

I’m tempted to build another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Balked after a tighter look at the geo - I may need to go XXL..
Last edited by Clean39T on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

....
Last edited by VTR1000SP2 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rexyi1990
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

by rexyi1990

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:45 pm
rexyi1990 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm
rexyi1990 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm
Hey, Nice build! I bought the same frameset! Your job looks fantastic! I am much more excited about my coming new ride after waching yours!
And here is what I am going to build:
will post photos after my ride is done! :beerchug:
Damn! Nice build! Sounds like it's going to be close to 5kg.
Hah, it would be under 5kg, nearly aroud 4.7kg I guess, because my old Fuji is 4.89kg with the AX wheelset, and the claim weight of Izalco Max frameset is 200g lighter than the Fuji :lol:

User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

rexyi1990 wrote:
Hah, it would be under 5kg, nearly aroud 4.7kg I guess, because my old Fuji is 4.89kg with the AX wheelset, and the claim weight of Izalco Max frameset is 200g lighter than the Fuji :lol:
Crazy light. Sum of all parts, can’t be just the wheels.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

Update - dropped a few grams by switching to carbon chainrings

User avatar
steff
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: FRANCE

by steff

What about carbon chainring with etap ?

User avatar
VTR1000SP2
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm

by VTR1000SP2

steff wrote:What about carbon chainring with etap ?
I don’t understand the question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
steff
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: FRANCE

by steff

Is the front derailleur work fine with carbon fibrelyte chainring ?

by Weenie


Post Reply