Hello, Cervelo S3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chuuurles

by chuuurles

Hi,

I bought this bike last spring:
44762779012_48914ea163_k.jpg
Look how many things are wrong with this picture. it was a pretty nice bicycle, but then i started reading this forum and decided it was heavy. It had mechanical Ultegra 6800 and Enve 3.4 clinchers with formula hubs in a size 54. it weighed around 7.5 kg with bottle cages and garmin mount.

I have since installed an Enve cockpit, 9150 shifters/derailleur/battery/jb ect, enve 4.5 tubs with DT240 hubs, s works power saddle (since changed to a super ugly SQ lab), Ti spindles from Ward on speedplay zeros pedals, and a power2max NG eco (HEAVY). Current weight is 6.94kg. I would like to lose some more weight but have been really enjoying it all summer !
43001123620_16be295c57_b.jpg
Still need to upgrade the brakes and maybe the frame :wink: what do you think ?
Last edited by chuuurles on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbaillie

by jbaillie

It had Enve 3.4's laced to Formula hubs? I've definitely never seen that. Did you sell them when you bought the 4.5's?

Nothing wrong with the rest of the starting point, though. 6800 and Rotor cranks make for a very solid build.

chuuurles

by chuuurles

jbaillie wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 am
It had Enve 3.4's laced to Formula hubs? I've definitely never seen that. Did you sell them when you bought the 4.5's?

Nothing wrong with the rest of the starting point, though. 6800 and Rotor cranks make for a very solid build.
Yea they were take offs from an R5. I still have the clinchers, was thinking about keeping them around for when i do longer more remote rides. Still a bit weary of tubular life. I broke a shifting cable in the middle of nowhere and had to ride home at extremely high cadence, as soon as i got home i went to the bike shop and upgraded to dura ace di2. i love it and won't go back to mechanical any time soon.

As a side note; when i was deciding on what tubulars to buy it was between the 3.4's and the 4.5s with the same hubs. My main goal was to lose weight and assumed 3.4s would be lighter. Looked up weights and found it strange that the 4.5's come in 44 grams lighter. I confirmed this on the shop scales which made my decision easy, deeper section wheel and at lower weight :)

Nixster

by Nixster

I have a soft spot for S3s. They don't seem to get a lot of love on here for some reason :noidea:

Curious why you didn't go for one of the Rotor power meters but nice bike :thumbup:

chuuurles

by chuuurles

Nixster wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:47 pm
I have a soft spot for S3s. They don't seem to get a lot of love on here for some reason :noidea:

Curious why you didn't go for one of the Rotor power meters but nice bike :thumbup:
thanks. i was feeling cheap at the time, the ng eco was $500 usd and seemed popular on here.