Insurance payout...aero bike shopping...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

sailnfast

by sailnfast

So had my 2018 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod Disc stolen a couple of weeks ago. Insurance paid out at retail, so shopping for my next bike! :) Didn't love the Cdale and think I'll go back to an aero frame, so thinking Madone or Venge Vias. Any others I should check out?

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

sailnfast wrote:So had my 2018 Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod Disc stolen a couple of weeks ago. Insurance paid out at retail, so shopping for my next bike! :) Didn't love the Cdale and think I'll go back to an aero frame, so thinking Madone or Venge Vias. Any others I should check out?
Scott foil looks good as well!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MountainAddict

by MountainAddict

Canyon Aeroad.
BMC Timemachine.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

MountainAddict wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 pm
Canyon Aeroad.
BMC Timemachine.
I believ the Canyon seems to be of age if youcompare with the other.
and the BMC seems to become the aero bike we will never see inhuge number in the pro peloton.
The new Madone might be the most versatile.
Another option might be the new Ridley Noah ? Or the Chapter2 Rere?
I belive I have read somechwere Cervélo is working on a new s5 too?

MountainAddict

by MountainAddict

bruno2000 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 am
MountainAddict wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 pm
Canyon Aeroad.
BMC Timemachine.
I believ the Canyon seems to be of age if youcompare with the other.
and the BMC seems to become the aero bike we will never see inhuge number in the pro peloton.
The new Madone might be the most versatile.
Another option might be the new Ridley Noah ? Or the Chapter2 Rere?
I belive I have read somechwere Cervélo is working on a new s5 too?

The Canyon frame design is a couple years old, but is still one of the better looking aero bikes (subjective), still very populary, and is probably the best value (i.e. bang for your buck) aero bike on the market.

The new S5D:
ryanw wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:34 am
Apologies for the awful cropping...

romanmoser

by romanmoser

You have to decide
disc or not disc first

As some are avaiable in either rim or disc brake
But others are only rim brake or only DB

sychen

by sychen

You mentioned venge vias... There is a new venge for the record.
Below is some pros of each new aero bike.

Lightest/ cleanest design : Venge
Best paint/ all rounder/comfort : Madone
Intergrated modules best aero? : timemachine
Unknown / most radical ; new S5 (unreleased)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The disc vs rim brake comments are a very valid first decision. If I were interested in converting to a sheep (i.e. discs and iPhones) I wouldn't look much past the newest Venge and Time machine.

If you're happy sticking with rim brakes (because you're a strong independent woman who don't need no man) luckily for you - you have the option of having a bike that's lighter AND more aero!

Wilier Cento10 or Canyon Aeroad. No question.

According to Tour Magazine, the Cento10 Air was 207w in the wind tunnel - within a couple watts of the best bikes with proprietary brakes and more.

Image[/url]

Also just 5.9kg as pictured... And a hell of a lot cheaper than a new Venge disc would cost.

KCookie

by KCookie

Imaking20 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:08 pm
The disc vs rim brake comments are a very valid first decision. If I were interested in converting to a sheep (i.e. discs and iPhones) I wouldn't look much past the newest Venge and Time machine.

If you're happy sticking with rim brakes (because you're a strong independent woman who don't need no man) luckily for you - you have the option of having a bike that's lighter AND more aero!

According to Tour Magazine, the Cento10 Air was 207w in the wind tunnel - within a couple watts of the best bikes with proprietary brakes and more.

Image[/url]

Also just 5.9kg as pictured... And a hell of a lot cheaper than a new Venge disc would cost.
That looks stunning, it needs its own thread.

Mep

by Mep

Imaking20 wrote:The disc vs rim brake comments are a very valid first decision. If I were interested in converting to a sheep (i.e. discs and iPhones) I wouldn't look much past the newest Venge and Time machine.

Image[/url]

Great recommendations. I do actually quite like the clean cockpit that comes with full integration but unfortunately it looks like only Trek have gone forward with pushing the boundaries on rim brakes.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Trek has also changed approach a bit with the newest Madone. As much as I do agree with you and appreciate such a clean cockpit, I find it interesting that the fully integrated Madone - with proprietary brakes and fairly difficult brake cable routing - is only ~2w faster than the Aeroad and Cento which have direct mount brakes in normal locations.

Mep

by Mep

Imaking20 wrote:Trek has also changed approach a bit with the newest Madone. As much as I do agree with you and appreciate such a clean cockpit, I find it interesting that the fully integrated Madone - with proprietary brakes and fairly difficult brake cable routing - is only ~2w faster than the Aeroad and Cento which have direct mount brakes in normal locations.
The inner skeptic in me can't help but wonder if there will come another study with another set of numbers, but I do also find it very interesting that all that manufacturing effort leads only to 2w. If that's truly the case in all situations, I'd agree that those bikes present the most compelling compromise across all dimensions of aero, weight and customization. Personally for the roads I ride I don't have a need for disc brakes and afaik only the Madone has a fully integrated cockpit with rim brakes.. but it's so heavy. I think the aesthetics of a cable free cockpit is gorgeous and the look of the future, with the advent of disc brakes in the pro peleton, so I do hope that there will be other manufacturers that will look to integrate rim brakes so we as consumers have more options.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com