Urgestalt on a diet, now 4662g. Update 03.05.20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Doh.......... makes perfect sense now. 4998.3gr. Still that is a bloody good weight

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

beanbiken wrote:Doh.......... makes perfect sense now. 4998.3gr. Still that is a bloody good weight

BB
Yeah I'm really happy with the weight, but still good to loose a few more grams. Waiting in anticipation for my parcel from Jure, very intrigued to see if the clamps will fit perfectly and most important their weight.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

Congrats on the further weight reductions. That bike is really special regardless of +/- 5kg.

Once you're back on your feet, i am sure you will appreciate the savings. I'll take the stuff that are too "heavy" for your upgraded Urgestalt

KCookie

by KCookie

Seedster wrote:Congrats on the further weight reductions. That bike is really special regardless of +/- 5kg.

Once you're back on your feet, i am sure you will appreciate the savings. I'll take the stuff that are too "heavy" for your upgraded Urgestalt
Many thanks for the kind words.
Yes I love it, can't wait to heal and take it for it's maiden voyage since the accident.
Realistically that will be end of October. Fingers crossed.
The sun is shining so will post some nice shots of the bike very shortly.
Cheers

KCookie

by KCookie

Unfortunately where ever I place the bike the sun seems to be in the wrong position.
Here are a few anyway.
Image Loving the look here with only the break cable showing and not having the DI2 cable heat shrunk together coming out the frame.ImageImageImageImageImage
Nicely matching 1k carbon saddle and top cap.

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Use Deda Trafato and only tape from tops to shifters. Leave the drops bare. Should save around 20 grams. I was unsure when I did this first but tbh notice no real difference.

Those wheels are on my radar for next season. Once you are healed and back on the road a nice ride report would be great.

Btw that is a stunning build which is clean and purposeful. Getting the di2 wire inside the stem is a real win. :beerchug:

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks for the kind words.
Once this tape wears out I'll try the Deda, going to buy it now just because I'm curious of its weight.
Yes I'll certainly give a ride report when I'm better.
Totally agree with you about the wire, best free mod I've had done, well apart from labour expenses.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

How does the wire enter the frame? Is there a hole in the rear part if the fork steerer?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KCookie

by KCookie

NiFTY wrote:How does the wire enter the frame? Is there a hole in the rear part if the fork steerer?
A small hole was drilled in the fork steerer threaded through the stem with another hole in the centre of the bars running the DI2 cable down to the bar end junction.

KCookie

by KCookie

ImageExtralite jockey wheels installed saved 5.9g. Had to use wider bolts from a spare RD as there was play with the originals. ImageDA 9150 RD jockey wheels. These are 2.5g lighter than the 9070.Image

DeiviX

by DeiviX

shortly Darimo is going to take a handlebar below the 140g. Congratulations for the work.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

DeiviX wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:14 pm
shortly Darimo is going to take a handlebar below the 140g. Congratulations for the work.
Is it coming together with a custom teeth guard? :unbelievable: :smartass:

KCookie

by KCookie

DeiviX wrote:
Many thanks, funnily enough I was actually talking to another forum member last night about these bars. Price isn't to bad, but what a weight. Would save me another 30g. 😀

beanbiken

by beanbiken

dgasmd wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:32 pm
DeiviX wrote:
Is it coming together with a custom teeth guard? :unbelievable: :smartass:
Well I guess then Schmolke & THM need to accessorise their offerings also :roll: :lol:
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeiviX

by DeiviX

KCookie wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:37 pm
DeiviX wrote:
Many thanks, funnily enough I was actually talking to another forum member last night about these bars. Price isn't to bad, but what a weight. Would save me another 30g. 😀
I have the handlebar in test phase and the behavior is exceptional