Urgestalt on a diet, now 4662g. Update 03.05.20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

wheelsONfire wrote:Aha, when i spoke to Nils (a bit of a time ago i admit) he told me only their own pads are approved.
According to SwissStop, these are standard BP.
What pads are these that Nils gave you?
These two.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Yupp, that was understood.
But what are those?
Never seen them before. Only ones i've seen are the above pictured (Swiss version)
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

KCookie

by KCookie

wheelsONfire wrote:Yupp, that was understood.
But what are those?
Never seen them before. Only ones i've seen are the above pictured (Swiss version)
Really don't know. I'll email Nils and find out. Curiousity is getting to me now. Lol

KCookie

by KCookie

Many thanks to Squashednuts for sending me this PYC Chain. Another item crossed off, two more to come.
Impressed with the weight, my KMC was 237g for the same amount of links. 116.Image

KCookie

by KCookie

KCookie wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:Yupp, that was understood.
But what are those?
Really don't know. I'll email Nils and find out. Curiousity is getting to me now. Lol

@wheelsONfire.
Had this answer from Nils today regarding these pads.
ImageImage

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Thanks Cookie!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

KCookie

by KCookie

The Schmolke clamps arrived today along with another PYC Chain.
Great weight on the clamps, not so on the chain, 6.3g heavier than the other one.
Now just waiting on a Seat post clamp and saddle from Jure, then the build can commence.
ImageImage

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

KCookie wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:16 am
Can't wait to see how clamps fit to ST-R9150.

KCookie

by KCookie

Klaster_1 wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:16 am
Can't wait to see how clamps fit to ST-R9150.
Yeah I'm assuming the dremel will be used. My LBS mechanic has one standing by. Image

KCookie

by KCookie

Off to the LBS Thursday morning for the re build, I'm going to watch, help, probably get it the way and hopefully learn a little to. The Extremes are mounted on my new AXs dry as I'm still undecided if I'm going to tape or glue, but at least it will give me some indication of overall weight. Another alteration will be to hide all the cables. As per usual still waiting on Jures parcel but these parts can be fitted at a later stage when they eventually arrive.
All I need now is to heal, get my confidence up and hit the road again.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Glue..
Using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

KCookie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:11 pm
Off to the LBS Thursday morning for the re build, I'm going to watch, help, probably get it the way and hopefully learn a little to. The Extremes are mounted on my new AXs dry as I'm still undecided if I'm going to tape or glue, but at least it will give me some indication of overall weight. Another alteration will be to hide all the cables. As per usual still waiting on Jures parcel but these parts can be fitted at a later stage when they eventually arrive.
Don't underestimate the "confidence up" portion. I crashed my Ducati at a speed I am embarrased to admit. Thanks to all the armored stuff I only came out with a bit of road rash in one leg. I sent the bike to get repaired with the intention of selling it since as a single parent that has no speed self control riding a motorcycle like that is as good of an idea as smoking bathed in gasoline at a fireworks store. Got it back, and while riding it home, I was extremely nervous and fearful. I am not one to live with unanswered questions or fears, so I hit 125 MPH for a few minutes and got cured of all that in about 2-3 min. Still sold it after a few months. My point is, the sooner you face your fears and things that make you uncomfortable the sooner you get over them and move on. “Life does begin at the end of your comfort zone”! Hope it helps a bit! :smartass:

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

KCookie wrote:
As per usual still waiting on Jures parcel but these parts can be fitted at a later stage when they eventually arrive.
What did you order from Jure?

KCookie

by KCookie

13 months ago I ordered a Seat post clamp and sent back a warranty issue saddle and seat post. Got the seat post a few weeks ago, wrong saddle was sent, minus the clamp and I ordered another Lupina with the German flag on to match my Urgestalt. That was about 4 months ago. I was told it was sent on the 27th of August. Lucky I'm patient.
He has been very apologetic and generous by giving me some free goods, so all good. Not as if I can ride atm anyway. Lol.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

dgasmd wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Don't underestimate the "confidence up" portion. I crashed my Ducati at a speed I am embarrased to admit. Thanks to all the armored stuff I only came out with a bit of road rash in one leg. I sent the bike to get repaired with the intention of selling it since as a single parent that has no speed self control riding a motorcycle like that is as good of an idea as smoking bathed in gasoline at a fireworks store. Got it back, and while riding it home, I was extremely nervous and fearful. I am not one to live with unanswered questions or fears, so I hit 125 MPH for a few minutes and got cured of all that in about 2-3 min. Still sold it after a few months. My point is, the sooner you face your fears and things that make you uncomfortable the sooner you get over them and move on. “Life does begin at the end of your comfort zone”! Hope it helps a bit! :smartass:
Glad you were ok, sounds like it could have been alot worse.
It's a shame I ended up with these injurys as I would have liked to get back on the bike within weeks to overcome my fears. No such luck though. Maybe in a month I might feel ready.