Urgestalt on a diet, now 4662g. Update 03.05.20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

On another note, i glued my spare tyre but the glue dried, did I use the wrong glue or once it's glued should I have put the tyre in a sealed airtight bag to keep it tacky.
This wasn't a worry with my Lightweights as I use tape and there's always residue left on the rim.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Don't worry, the glue drying and not feeling tacky is normal. When you put it on and start riding the glue will melt with the pressure and heat and it'll form a bond. That's why over time you might see glue bead up at the gap between the tire and the rim.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Kayrehn wrote:Don't worry, the glue drying and not feeling tacky is normal. When you put it on and start riding the glue will melt with the pressure and heat and it'll form a bond. That's why over time you might see glue bead up at the gap between the tire and the rim.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I see. Many thanks for that. I assumed that the glue should stay tacky. Silly me.Image
Gives me confidence now as I gave a very long to me charity ride next Sunday.

themidge

by themidge

KCookie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 am
Gives me confidence now as I have a very long to me charity ride next Sunday.
You must be well on the way to recovery from your crash then? :thumbup:

KCookie

by KCookie

themidge wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 am
Gives me confidence now as I have a very long to me charity ride next Sunday.
You must be well on the way to recovery from your crash then? Image
I certainly am thanks. Still can't sleep on my left side it's a little uncomfortable but in general I feel really good. Fitness isn't quite up to scratch but I'll get there.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

The first time I glued a tub I wasn't confident in it. Glue starting to mass at the corners, looked like the edges starting to lift, so went to remove them to replace - *f##k* me. My thumbs were just giant blisters for the next week.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wookski

by Wookski

KCookie wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:58 am
On another note, i glued my spare tyre but the glue dried, did I use the wrong glue or once it's glued should I have put the tyre in a sealed airtight bag to keep it tacky.
This wasn't a worry with my Lightweights as I use tape and there's always residue left on the rim.
Cheers

I’m so glad you narrowly avoided the water based crap!

KCookie

by KCookie

Been to the LBS today and had the new C-bear BB installed as the AITA just wouldn't stop creaking and saved me 10g.
Also decided to get the bars wrapped with the Deda tape I had lying around which was really for when I get some Darimo bars but was curious to see how much weight I could save. To be honest I was very happy and surprised with a 14.2g saving making the complete bar wrap 24.2g. So now the bike weighs 4974g.
In about 6 days I should receive the parcel from Jure, after a mammoth 14 month wait I'm looking forward to seeing some more lightweight parts. Image ImageBefore installation ImageLeft overs. Final weight 24.2g.

Peeza21

by Peeza21

KCookie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 am

In about 6 days I should receive the parcel from Jure, after a mammoth 14 month wait

Not to fuel the fire, but are you sure of this? Im guessing you have a tracking number?
Cannondale Systemsix Ultegra 2020 8)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160844

KCookie

by KCookie

Peeza21 wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 am

In about 6 days I should receive the parcel from Jure, after a mammoth 14 month wait

Not to fuel the fire, but are you sure of this? Im guessing you have a tracking number?
Yes he actually sent me the DHL details of the parcel being collected and tracking number with DHL saying 6 day delivery. Let's wait and see. !!!

hannawald

by hannawald

Surprised me how light are your C-Bear bearings. I have GXP version and it is around 90g.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

The C-Bear is pretty impressive. My FSA weighs 66.2 with whatever cheap steel bearings FSA sourced at the time, and minus the sleeve for Di2, which is another 9 grams. Wonder if all the weight difference is in the bearings? The cups look pretty similar. Either way, a winner for shaving grams.

KCookie

by KCookie

Yes they are an impressive weight, don't think I could get any lighter. Hoping these will be creak free, especially on my charity ride Sunday. I can't wait to see if the seat post clamps Jure made will fit properly as I'm expecting to loose another 15-20g, that's by going off the weight of the clamps made for his seat post. Darimo bars will be ordered in the new year. I'm used to a bigger drop so hopefully they will be ok., then I can't see where to loose more weight as I'm happy with all other parts.

KCookie

by KCookie

Another .7g saved. Sad I know but this is WW after all. ImageImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

KCookie wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 am
Another .7g saved. Sad I know but this is WW after all.
My Deda plugs are 2.82g for both after dremel action.