Urgestalt on a diet, now 4662g. Update 03.05.20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Unfortunately I've had a hold up on the three PYC chains that I ordered from Merlin cycles, these were ordered a week ago just to be told they are not in stock and no date yet on delivery, or even if they can get them. Every other part has been ordered and on its ways. So basically without the chains no build will commence. I've found one on eBay from Taiwan a lot more expensive 50% more, that should be here in 15 days, not happy as this is the last part needed.
Wheels must have arrived in OZ as I had to pay DHL import tax and GST today, the rest of the parts from R2-Bike are on route to.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

KCookie wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:16 pm
Unfortunately I've had a hold up on the three PYC chains that I ordered from Merlin cycles, these were ordered a week ago just to be told they are not in stock and no date yet on delivery, or even if they can get them. Every other part has been ordered and on its ways. So basically without the chains no build will commence. I've found one on eBay from Taiwan a lot more expensive 50% more, that should be here in 15 days, not happy as this is the last part needed.
Wheels must have arrived in OZ as I had to pay DHL import tax and GST today, the rest of the parts from R2-Bike are on route to.
I bought some PYC recently I can throw one across the water to you
PM me
I can do it on Saturday
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Squashednuts wrote:
KCookie wrote:
PM me
I can do it on Saturday
PM sent.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Squashednuts wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:47 am
KCookie wrote:
PM me
I can do it on Saturday
:D :D :D

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

The wheels have arrived and they are beautiful. They were sent Monday and arrived today, that's quick by any standards.
The whole buying process from start to finish couldn't have been easier. Nils was so helpful, and an absolute pleasure to deal with. All emails were answered very promptly and never once did Nils ever push for a sale. He went above and beyond to help me, weighing all sets to find the lightest front and rear. Threw in some extras and waved the PayPal fees.
I would highly recommend Nils and AX lightness.
I have some new scales on route to get a more accurate weight of the wheels as I reckon they might just be under 784g.
Even though these are great skewers I'll be using my lighter Obermayers. Image
These other unexpected pads supplied might come in handy to get to the stated weight.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Odd that they included those pads too. I have a set of ultra 25T - great wheels. I find the campag red brake much better than the swissstops. They wheels are surprisingly stiff for me at 72kg.

One bit of advice - if you find that you get creaking when you install these wheels just add some ti prep to the ends of the axles - my set creaked but it was just the "tolerance" of the dropouts on my evo not being the best. It is a known issue with the exacting machining of extralite hubs.

Enjoy the wheels.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KCookie

by KCookie

I'll be changing wheels regularly so I'll just keep the lightweight Pacific pads on, hopefully they will be ok on the AXs, if not then I'll have no choice but to change.
I'm the same weight to, so no problems there.
Good to know about the creaking issue, appreciated.
I'm sure I'll enjoy them when I can eventually start riding again.

RyanH

by RyanH

NiFTY wrote: my set creaked but it was just the "tolerance" of the dropouts on my evo not being the best. It is a known issue with the exacting machining of extralite hubs.

Enjoy the wheels.
Image Who told you that? Light skewers (read: not Dura Ace) and hubs that don't have gnurled ends (Tune, Chris King, Extralite, etc...) will creak. Has nothing to do with "exacting tolerances" of extralite hubs. There's just not enough friction to prevent the wheel from moving. When I had the RZRs (tune hubs) I dealt with this issue on two Litespeeds, a C59 and an R5ca.

Carbon paste will quiet it down much better since it increases the friction but also will go away after swapping wheels a few times. I'm assuming this is why Wheels Mfg gnurled the DS (but not nds).

Wookski

by Wookski

Weird as I’ve never had the creaking issue with a range of lightweight hub and skewer combos. Must be lucky I guess.

Good work on the wheels- they’re surprisingly robust and stiff.

KCookie

by KCookie

Just a shame I can't use them yet, hoping to get on the trainer in a few days. Would like the pain to reside a little first. Been doing a little to much and it's not helping with the recovery.

KCookie

by KCookie

Quick question for you guys please, whilst the bike is getting stripped down ready for all the new parts to be fitted is it worth changing the 9070 levers to the 9150, I know its olny a 5g saving but at least they will match the FD & RD.
Cheers

yinya

by yinya

For this bike, absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beanbiken

by beanbiken

KCookie wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am
Quick question for you guys please, whilst the bike is getting stripped down ready for all the new parts to be fitted is it worth changing the 9070 levers to the 9150, I know its olny a 5g saving but at least they will match the FD & RD.
Cheers

Personally no I wouldn’t, if you have damaged levers then most certainly. I have both the 9070’s (one damaged so both retired) and am using 9150’s currently, there is minimal difference. The more definitive “click” is good but far from a must have.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

beanbiken wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:42 am
Cheers

Personally no I wouldn’t, if you have damaged levers then most certainly. I have both the 9070’s (one damaged so both retired) and am using 9150’s currently, there is minimal difference. The more definitive “click” is good but far from a must have.

BB
I might break one then. Lol.
It was just a thought.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

What a super bike! Best in the world!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com