Urgestalt on a diet, now 4662g. Update 03.05.20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

I know that the THM thread together BB that I had was underspec'd. My T3 was on the tight side of tolerances and the THM BB was still 0.02" smaller still which allowed it to be inserted by hand. Loctite *should* resolve those types of problems but there's others at play as well. With my lightning BB,I don't think the tolerances were good enough for the cups to bearings fit, so there's not much you can do about that....

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks guys for all the info, just need to find the time to make another trip to the LBS.
Can't believe my parcel from Jure arrived today. Only 15 months. Unfortunately the seat post clamps don't fit. They are 3mm to wide and the shape is also wrong on the underneath of one as there no slot to allow the bolt to pass through. I'm tempted to get a dremel and try to get them to fit as they are 22.8g lighter than the originals.
Both saddles are correct this time. Yah.
ImageBerk Lupina with German flag to match my Urgestalt. 12g lighter than my other one. Image1k Lupina, 4.8g lighter than mine.ImageThe clamps Jure made. Awesome weight ImageMy Original clamps. Bloody heavy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

KCookie wrote:Only 15 months. Unfortunately the seat post clamps don't fit. They are 3mm to wide and the shape is also wrong on the underneath of one as there no slot to allow the bolt to pass through. I'm tempted to get a dremel and try to get them to fit as they are 22.8g lighter than the originals.
I’d say take your time and dremmel evenly trying to take off just the same on both sides. Worst scenario is they don’t fit ultimately. Nothing lost. I’m very surprised he took your clamps to use as a model and they came out that far off though. Then again, after that many months who knows what was actually done!

Maybe contact Darimo and see if it’d be willing to replicate them? Not sure I’d personally go through the trouble, but an option anyway.

KCookie

by KCookie

Yeah my thought exactly. If he didn't or couldn't do them he should have said. I asked, he said not a problem I can make those for you. Then I agree they should fit, but it will give me a project over Christmas. Such a good weight saving I would like to use them. If I muck them up then is not a problem, I was just thinking of ways to save weight and in theory it was a good idea.

Seedster

by Seedster

Saddles look great! The flag is a nice touch

KCookie

by KCookie

Seedster wrote:Saddles look great! The flag is a nice touch
Many thanks.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

KCookie wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am
Thanks guys for all the info, just need to find the time to make another trip to the LBS.
Can't believe my parcel from Jure arrived today. Only 15 months. Unfortunately the seat post clamps don't fit. They are 3mm to wide and the shape is also wrong on the underneath of one as there no slot to allow the bolt to pass through. I'm tempted to get a dremel and try to get them to fit as they are 22.8g lighter than the originals.
Both saddles are correct this time. Yah.
ImageBerk Lupina with German flag to match my Urgestalt. 12g lighter than my other one. Image1k Lupina, 4.8g lighter than mine.ImageThe clamps Jure made. Awesome weight ImageMy Original clamps. Bloody heavy.

Great saddle. So is the lighter 132mm version or 150 version?

KCookie

by KCookie

All my Berk saddles are the 132mm version, I just asked him to find the lightest as I'd seen here on WWs some padded ones around the 90g mark and mine was 101.6. The 1k saddle was a warranty replacement but came back heavier by 1.7g, not fussed though as I'll be selling it. My arse really prefers the padded ones.

KCookie

by KCookie

RyanH wrote:If worse comes to worst, sram pf30 bb. If that creaks then it's not the bb.
Haven't had time to get to the LBS and after Sunday's ride I can no longer put up with the creaking. It's constant.
Was thinking of installing a Sram rival crank first instead of another BB change to see if the creaking persists. If so I know its the BB and not my THM crank itself. Was thinking of going this route as the C-bear BB was tight on installation.
I take it a Sram BB 30 crank would fit ok, please correct me if I'm wrong.
End of my tether atm, just want a peaceful ride.
Cheers

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Check the cassette lockring and the dropouts (antiseize) first. Creaking can be difficult to localise and is often not where you think it is from (from personal experience)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KCookie

by KCookie

NiFTY wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:56 am
Check the cassette lockring and the dropouts (antiseize) first. Creaking can be difficult to localise and is often not where you think it is from (from personal experience)
Thank you, will try those to, but it really does sound like it's coming from the crank area. Considering C-bear say their BBs are creak fee I'd be very surprised if it's actually that.

RyanH

by RyanH

I have a spare Sram crank that I use for that purpose, particularly when I had a Sisl2 crank as my primary. Also, swap skewers with dura ace level ones.

Other things that I swore were coming from the bottom bracket but not were saddle rails, headset/stem, pedals, skewers, chain rings, and the strangest of all, the FD clamp.

Typically, a noisy bb can be isolated as the culprit if you can press on the crank arms off the bike and it causes a noise. If not, begin looking elsewhere.

imunwired

by imunwired

Similar experience to Ryan ....

I had what I swore was a BB creak. Happened whenever I mashed uphill on my right downstroke so I thought it was the right side cup. After much tribulation, it turned out to be my seat post. Took me two months to figure that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Carbon paste. Does more than keep stuff from sliding around. Everybody should use it, really, at least on carbon seatposts.

What's annoying is it can feel like it's in the bottom bracket as well. But the creaks end up travelling through the frame and into the cranks. That can be a variety of things, though skewer would be the first place I'd look in that instance.

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks guys, will check all other areas mentioned. I have changed the skewers but no change. My creak has just started to happen sitting down, not very loud mind you and intermitten, but when I stand going up hills it's that loud and constant it's hard to believe it could be from anywhere else but the BB area.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com