Urgestalt on a diet, now 4662g. Update 03.05.20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Nefarious86 wrote:Glue..
It will save me approx 30+g, but my other 3 sets of wheels are taped. Got a while to decide is suppose.Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

KCookie wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:45 pm
Hi Guys,
Some of you might have read on this forum that a month ago I had a serious accident, it's now been a month and with nothing to do other than think, I thought i wonder if I could get my Urgestalt under 5kg. No reason really, just something to keep me busy. It's great to be in the 5kg club but getting under 5kg would put me with the minority.
The bike is at the LBS so from old workings out I think I have anywhere between 236g-242g to loose.
I have ordered some AX lightness Ultra 25t of Nils, he has been so helpful and weighed all the wheels to get me the lightest so they are 784g.
So my my Obermayers are 935g - 784g = 151g good start there.
Changing tyres from Veloflex Carbons to Extremes should save another 23g+ estimated, they should arrive by Thursday.
Changing Berk List padded 82g to Berk 1k Carbon should save 8-10, saddle on its way.
Jure has made me two seat post clamps, mine weigh 45g hoping to loose 20-25g, they are on route to.
Valve extension can come off, obviously not needed on 25mm wheels, 3g saved.
KMC chain I think was 220g, three PYC 1101 on way, hoping to loose 5g.
Now this is where I'm starting to struggle, I know if I had the tyres glued on I could save 30g straight away and hit the 4.99kg I'm after, as the Tufo tape I use weighs 30g per wheel, but I can't do it and I really hate removing the glue to.
I'm also thinking I could change the bar tape mine is 40g, I've look at Deda Traforato, the add says 29g but I don't know if that's for each roll or both.
Extralite Lockring would save another 2g.
The rear inner brake cable is Jagwire and weighs 16g is this worth changing, don't won't to loose durability. I've look at KCNC TI and Powercordz.
Unfortunately I can't change the Urgestalt seat post, a Darimo post could have saved a good chunk of weight. Everything else is staying put.
So guys your help would be most appreciated helping hit my target of 4.99kg.
Cheers.
what a super bike...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Many thanks, appreciated.
Getting excited like a kid at Christmas as off to the LBS soon, first time I would have seen it since the accident. One more mod we are trying to achieve today is to hide the cables, leaving a nice clean cockpit. Will post pics tonight or tomorrow.
Cheers

KCookie

by KCookie

Just returned from the LBS and really happy with the results. Weight achieved with more to loose when other parts arrive.
Detailed Pics to follow.ImageImage

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Congrats, I know how dear those mere 15g below a landmark weight might be :beerchug:

KCookie

by KCookie

Klaster_1 wrote:Congrats, I know how dear those mere 15g below a landmark weight might be :beerchug:
Many thanks. Yes it hasn't come cheap but was worth it.

KCookie

by KCookie

Managed to feed the DI2 cable through the stem. Very fiddly and time consuming but it looks so tidy.
Will weigh again tonight on better scales and take some pics of the bike tomorrow. ImageImage

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Woo-hoo..... :thumbup: :up:

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

I know some guys were unsure if the Schmolke carbon shifter clamps would actually fit without some modifications, but I can confirm that non was needed, they went on well. Just a very slight sanding of the bars to remove some carbon and old glue residue from the bar tape.Image
Original shimano clamps. Saved 6.9g.ImageImage

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Congratulations! The feeling of hitting your weight target... Priceless!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

Kayrehn wrote:Congratulations! The feeling of hitting your weight target... Priceless!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers, but it was short lived as the shop scales were out by over 20g. I think my heart missed a beat, I was gutted. So I've changed the saddle to one of Jure 1k full carbon saddles. Now sitting at 4998.5g
I still could change the break pads and save 6g, the new seat post cradles should save 25-30g when I eventually get them off Jure. Deda bar tape maybe another 10g. So there is a few possibilitys.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

KCookie

by KCookie

Many thanks.
It was certainly fun and expensive but good to be in the under 5kg.
To get to this weight I had to use glue instead of tape like my other lightweight wheels. Great weight saving. Tape usually is 30g per wheel, glue was 11g per wheel.
I am now a property weightweenie using glue. Lol. club.ImageBike without front wheel.ImageFront wheel.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

KC, I'm reading this right 4387grams......... and you were worried about a 20gram discrepency with the scales. It seems you smashed your target :o
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

beanbiken wrote:KC, I'm reading this right 4387grams......... and you were worried about a 20gram discrepency with the scales. It seems you smashed your target :o
Yeah that's without the front wheel. That has to be added on from the second pic. Wish it was that weight. Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com