Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

stax wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:27 pm
KCookie wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:31 pm
Was hoping the parcel from Berk would be here this week, was looking forward to dropping a few more grams. No such luck though as he's emailed to say he had forgotten to post it. More apologies, getting sick of those. It's now been close to 14 months wait. Certainly loosing confidence ever to buy his products again.
What are you waiting on? Most reports are that he’s pretty good and I’m fairly sure you’ve bought a few things in the past- could you expand on the problems? 14 months is crazy...
Yeah he has been really good in the past with the other items I've had, that includes 5 saddles, 3 top caps, 2 bottle cages and a seat post.
My 1k post and saddle was sent back 14 months ago as the lacquer started peeling off. I also send the seat post clamps off my Urgestalt to be made in Carbon. Was told multiple times the parcel was on its way but he kept forgetting to send it, as simple as that. After many apologies the parcel actually arrived about three weeks ago with a 1k oval rail saddle, not my round rail saddle that he was going to re coat as promised, seat post included but no clamps, also missing my new Lupina with the German flag on, that was ordered about 5 months ago.
More emails and more apologies he promised to send the correct saddle, new saddle and clamps 5 weeks ago, still no parcel. Another apology on the 24th saying he would sent all the goods tomorrow the 25th. So I will wait 3 weeks to see if it arrives.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

Took delivery of some new Deda tape today. With the backing and any left over this should save another 10g. ImageDedaImageDeda bar .7g saving ImageLightweight bar end
Image Left over Most tape. So end result is 39.3g. Nice cheap weight saving.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

So at last I took the bike out for the first time since my accident 10 weeks ago. I was itching to see how the wheels would ride compared to the 3 sets of Lightweights I have. Well I can honestly say that they are awesome. They are so smooth even over rough tarmac where the Lightweights would feel harsh. I just couldn't believe the difference, it was like riding on air. Snappy up hills and well planted going down, obviously I wasn't at my full strength but still gave my best shot trying to put as much power through them as I could. Breaking was excellent with no pulsing as we know can happen with the Lightweights. I managed 81km with 1319m of incline, so not bad considering.
The bike was a little heavier than the 4998g as I changed the cassette to a Sram 11-32 which was much needed and the full carbon saddle to a Berk padded, adding 55g, but I couldn't care as I was having so much fun being out on the road again. All the new parts worked extremely well with no problems at all. The TI Cables did their job well which is were I was a little hesitant.
I cant see these AX wheels ever coming off to be replaced with my Lightweights. That's how good they are.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Ahh, good to hear you have made it back out onto the road. Totally agree with your comments about the AX25’s mine are also a permanent fixture on the Izalco with my Corimas’ relegated to understudy duty on the Pina :)

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Lightweight fire sale lol
Using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

beanbiken wrote:Ahh, good to hear you have made it back out onto the road. Totally agree with your comments about the AX25’s mine are also a permanent fixture on the Izalco with my Corimas’ relegated to understudy duty on the Pina :)

BB
Cheers.
For the money they are well worth it. Just wish I had of bought these before the Lightweights.

Last edited by KCookie on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KCookie

by KCookie

Nefarious86 wrote:Lightweight fire sale lol
Lol. Yeah there might be one.

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Glad you are happy with the new wheels. I had a set set of the 24s and they were awsome until I was involved in a crash racing and the rear rim broke :-(.... I am thinking a set of 38s might be used on my next bike, a bit aero and still under 1 kg.
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

KCookie

by KCookie

kgibbo1868 wrote:Glad you are happy with the new wheels. I had a set set of the 24s and they were awsome until I was involved in a crash racing and the rear rim broke :-(.... I am thinking a set of 38s might be used on my next bike, a bit aero and still under 1 kg.
Yeah I could see myself getting a set of 38s to use instead of my Obies.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

the lightweights i prefer over ax.

KCookie

by KCookie

On Thursday the LBS will be changing my AITA BB for a C-bear, expected to loose 10g, new year will see some Darimo bars with the Deda tape I have waiting, should loose another 45g, and don't get me started on the parcel I'm still waiting for from Jure, it's now been 14 months, I'm fuming. 23rd August told parcel was sent, that was a 12 months wait, no parcel so emailed him, sorry haven't sent it , will do tomorrow, 25th September. Still no parcel, another sent email. Sorry what did you order we have no recollection. WTF, lucky I have every email between us, which I just sent the last 20, discussing the products I'm ordering in detail, including the warranty saddle replacement which was sent August 2017. Disgusting service, which is unusual I know. When I do eventually get the products ordered I'm hoping there will be another 20g saved. Bike should be around 4923g when complete.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Tbh this case sounds like Ciamillo.

KCookie

by KCookie

Kumppa wrote:Tbh this case sounds like Ciamillo.
The only difference is I haven't lost any money. The clamps after many times of asking for a PayPal request he said were free for all the hassles caused. I still then offered money. The new Lupina with painted bridge again i asked 3 times for a request, to no answer. Just thought he would send it once the saddle was ready like all the other items I've purchased off him. The warranty issue saddle I was sent a oval rail one, so obviously not mine. I told him i would send it back. Told me to keep it for all the problems, gave that to a mate. It was no good to me.
I'm certainly not interested in free goods I just want my saddle back and my new ordered saddle from 6 months ago.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

KCookie wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:42 pm
Kumppa wrote:Tbh this case sounds like Ciamillo.
The only difference is I haven't lost any money. The clamps after many times of asking for a PayPal request he said were free for all the hassles caused. I still then offered money. The new Lupina with painted bridge again i asked 3 times for a request, to no answer. Just thought he would send it once the saddle was ready like all the other items I've purchased off him. The warranty issue saddle I was sent a oval rail one, so obviously not mine. I told him i would send it back. Told me to keep it for all the problems, gave that to a mate. It was no good to me.
I'm certainly not interested in free goods I just want my saddle back and my new ordered saddle from 6 months ago.

Frankly, I'd just assume that is a loss and move on. Plenty of other choices to stick with such a bad experience. I sy this having had a very prompt and pleasant experience with him myself!

KCookie

by KCookie

Once i get what im owed i certainly will not buy from him again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com