2016 pearl white Allez Sprint build!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Sock3t wrote:Why is it that you have your own thread? Why can't you just post in the specific Allez Sprint thread?
Cause I started one thats why

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

07stuntin6r wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm
themidge wrote: I wanted new dura ace or ultegra but after this weekend I started to wonder rif I should get speed play. All the guys raving kept dragging pedals on this new course they could have in the future

Srint Allez have a high bottom bracket, not likely you will drag a pedal as others do
This bike is made to carry corner speed from it's fixed gear roots
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

RedbullFiXX wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm
themidge wrote: I wanted new dura ace or ultegra but after this weekend I started to wonder rif I should get speed play. All the guys raving kept dragging pedals on this new course they could have in the future

Srint Allez have a high bottom bracket, not likely you will drag a pedal as others do
This bike is made to carry corner speed from it's fixed gear roots
Yeah that's what I was thinking which is why I got ultegra pedals instead.

mattr

by mattr

07stuntin6r wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 pm
themidge wrote:Happy deal hunting :D
You can run 1x with a '2x' crank by just changing the rings, so you can always convert from 2x to 1x in the future. It's impossible to do the opposite if you start with a 1x specific crank.
But isnt for instance sram 1x better cause of the chainring tooth profile and bow the rear derailleur keeps more tension on the chain...
Buy a 1x specific narrow wide ring when you change the rings. Some even correct for the offset so you get a 1x chainline instead of half of a 2x chainline.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

mattr wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:50 pm
themidge wrote:Happy deal hunting :D
You can run 1x with a '2x' crank by just changing the rings, so you can always convert from 2x to 1x in the future. It's impossible to do the opposite if you start with a 1x specific crank.
But isnt for instance sram 1x better cause of the chainring tooth profile and bow the rear derailleur keeps more tension on the chain...
Buy a 1x specific narrow wide ring when you change the rings. Some even correct for the offset so you get a 1x chainline instead of half of a 2x chainline.
Thanks I looked into it. Might stay 2ring. Went from look keo pedals to ultegra todsy and it's so much better now! Missed my UPS delivery so gotta wait til Monday to mount my corsa g on my reynolds. Got the tools and all to do the cassette install also.

Pic today of all the Allez sprintsImageImageImage

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Got my wheels In today! Reynold AR58 with corsa g tires. Was hoping they wouldve sent the tan sidewalls for the deal but oh well. One of the tubes blew a hole when I went to seat the tire. Put a patch to see I'd that would work cause my other tubes aren't long enough! Also installed a ultegra 10sp 11-28 cassette which was free as well. Anyways I just wanna test these out tomorrow! They look awesome!ImageImageImage

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Swapped out for service course bar wrap and got the wheels on. Image

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

ImageImage

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Been awhile since I’ve posted but took it out on its first ride in awhile since I’ve been overseas past 5 months. Before leaving I got Sram force 22 group set installed. Looking for some chain rings now wanting to stay with the 52/36 any recommendations besides the sram force rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

You can check out Praxis rings. I had them on my first-gen SpeedConcept in that size, when I first started, and they were solid. Now they make a solid "aero/TT" style, in addition to their standard offerings.

https://praxiscycles.com/product/road-rings/

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

FIJIGabe wrote:You can check out Praxis rings. I had them on my first-gen SpeedConcept in that size, when I first started, and they were solid. Now they make a solid "aero/TT" style, in addition to their standard offerings.

https://praxiscycles.com/product/road-rings/
I have a SRAM chain and the stock praxis rings. Don’t the sram rings and chains differ from the others cause of the teeth profile?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Not to my knowledge. They should be completely interchangable with SRAM, Shimano and even Campag chains.

mattr

by mattr

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 pm
Not to my knowledge. They should be completely interchangable with SRAM, Shimano and even Campag chains.
Correct, until AXS came along the last major incompatibility was DA 10 series track stuff. Prior to that you are probably taking 1"/block chains!
You can even do mix and match (to a degree) across the number of speeds 8,9,10,11, but it might run a bit rough!

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Well that’s good to know! Got another SRAM force cassette and had to take out a gear cause my stock wheels are 10sp. Only using it for the trainer anyways. So based off what your saying I could use my 10sp ultegra or 105 cassette?
IMG_0576.jpg

silvalis

by silvalis

You would probably want to stick to an 11s chain if you're messing with the cassette. A 10s chain is a touch too wide would stick inside a 11s cassette.

Read this thread in regards to mixing "speeds"
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=156324
Chasse patate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com