my custom Scott Scale RC 700 SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Moyo

by Moyo

tonytourist wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:07 pm
Moyo, great bike and build thread! Please keep the updates coming. My friend has a pair of the Bike Ahead AC Ones (29" 1079g) and really likes them. Coincidentally, his are on a light Scale build too. Due to the hub design, he could transfer them over to his new boost bike so he ended up going with the Grigio Carbon rims laced to Extralite hubs. I think his 29" wheelset was 1009g, for 27.5 these should be under 1000. He has been riding his wheels a lot and has no complaints, so I would recommend those are a light and stiff option to consider.
thanks
Yea i saw the grigio rims on dream bikes but they are only for 29“ and i need 27.5 :(

tonytourist

by tonytourist

http://www.grigiocarbonio.it/schede_tec ... _ruote.pdf
Grigio claims to make them in 27.5, maybe Dream Bikes can get them. My friend got his wheels from them and said they were very easy to deal with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Moyo

by Moyo

tonytourist wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm
http://www.grigiocarbonio.it/schede_tec ... _ruote.pdf
Grigio claims to make them in 27.5, maybe Dream Bikes can get them. My friend got his wheels from them and said they were very easy to deal with.
thanks, did not see that they also offer 27.5
I will contact db or the manufacturer tomorrow :beerchug:

Moyo

by Moyo

saddle/seatpost is a custom made kombo from Berk the Lupina, integrated saddle in 12k and seatpost in UD
3 months waiting but it was worth it. good looking 163g :D

Seatpost clamp is a Tune Würger Skyline

Moyo

by Moyo

my choice of rims to break the Sub6 will be this:
the Tune Skyline 3C Rim with only 250g g each
https://www.speedwareshop.de/Tune-Skyline-3C-Felge
haleluja 8)

poynt

by poynt

I have those built at the moment with Tune Prince/Princess with superspokes, ceramic bearings they weigh 1040g, so am planning to change to Extralites as the rear hub has some issues so that should definitely drop it sub kilo. They are a little narrow compared to most newer rims.

poynt

by poynt

Carbonfan do a very light 650b rim. T800 skyweight rim.

OD27mm xID22mm xH23mm with a ERD of 560, that weighs 255-260g Don't know if they might be worth a look, you could get 2 pairs for less than the cost of one of the 3C's.

Moyo

by Moyo

just today i ordered a pair new rims.
But not the Tune Skylines, my dealer advised against it. He said they are very thin, very narrow and feel like paper.

The rim i ordered is T800 with OD27mm xID22mm xH24mm with a ERD of 552 and 270g
with Sapim Superspokes and Extralite Hubs i think/hope i will be at 1.000g - 1.010g for the wheels
The 2 rims incl. Spokes and assembling less budget than one grigio carbonio rim ;)

Moyo

by Moyo

the following pictures show how I optically tuned the pedals

Crankbrother Eggbeater 11 with gold coured parts, which does not really fit to the rest of the (black) bike

1. step: disassembling

2. step: sandblasting and polishing

3. step: reassemble

saved 1g after sandblasting lol

voila!

poynt

by poynt

Moyo wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm
just today i ordered a pair new rims.
But not the Tune Skylines, my dealer advised against it. He said they are very thin, very narrow and feel like paper.

The rim i ordered is T800 with OD27mm xID22mm xH24mm with a ERD of 552 and 270g
with Sapim Superspokes and Extralite Hubs i think/hope i will be at 1.000g - 1.010g for the wheels
The 2 rims incl. Spokes and assembling less budget than one grigio carbonio rim ;)
I await your review of the T800s, are they the Lightbicycle flyweight ones. I may get a set and leave the 3C's as spares and build them with the Extralites on these.

poynt

by poynt

Moyo wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 pm
the following pictures show how I optically tuned the pedals

Crankbrother Eggbeater 11 with gold coured parts, which does not really fit to the rest of the (black) bike

voila!
just need to find some of those old illusive Ti Springs and alu collar, alu nuts and away you go

Moyo

by Moyo

poynt wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:41 pm
just need to find some of those old illusive Ti Springs and alu collar, alu nuts and away you go

where are your Springs, collar and nuts from?

poynt

by poynt

I managed after buying several successively lighter and lighter sets online and then trying to find the springs etc, with no luck I managed to find a pair already fully tuned on Bikemarket. Maybe the only way is to find an old pair that someone doesn't use anymore. Sorry can't be anymore help.