Trek madone slr 6 disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Stitchking

by Stitchking

I bought a madone disc about 5 days after they came out, and still haven't been able to ride it as the seat post is too short.

My fit parts should arrive some point in the next few days so i decided to throw the bike together with some of the stuff i do have, mainly to get weights if I'm being perfectly honest.

I've changed the wheels to a set of hollowgram clinchers and replaced the standard bontrager saddle with a carbon railed pro stealth. I've also put an ultegra 6800 53-39 crank on for now (probably added weight) as the bike shipped with a 50-34 and im not about it.

Still to go is a new powermeter, some ti spindled speedplays, longer post, longer stem, and narrower bars. I was going to change the tyres but the bontrager ones were only 207g out of the box so they can stay for now

The goal weight is 7.9999999kg with pedals and cages and at the moment I've got it down to 7.8 without bartape.

Weight out of the box was 8.3kg sans bar tape

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Stitchking on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

This is HOT!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

spartan

by spartan

nice colorway. btw can you measure the distance from the floor to the top of the bars(flat section). what is the depth of the flat section of the bars.
cheers
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Stitchking

by Stitchking

spartan wrote:nice colorway. btw can you measure the distance from the floor to the top of the bars(flat section). what is the depth of the flat section of the bars.
cheers
Roughly 90mm high, bars are around 45mm deep at widest part

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Nicely done! Lovely bike and it looks to be a great build.

For the life of me, however, I don't get why Trek insists on fitting 50/34 rings on these things. They did this with the last generation, too! At least fit some 52/36 rings.

zebra

by zebra

Out of interest. Why the change of wheels. Especially why the change to those. The bontragers looked really nice (To me) and are rock solid.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

zebra wrote:Out of interest. Why the change of wheels. Especially why the change to those. The bontragers looked really nice (To me) and are rock solid.
They looked great, but they are the basic alloy rim with a bonded carbon fairing, and as such they weighed just shy of 1900g for the wheelset. The cannondale wheels weigh in around 1500g and are a full carbon rim.

I picked them up for a song as one of the guys at work swapped them out for 303s on his new build straight away. Theyre still deep enough for me and dropped a lot of weight off the build, which is pretty porky off the factory floor

Stitchking

by Stitchking

FIJIGabe wrote:Nicely done! Lovely bike and it looks to be a great build.

For the life of me, however, I don't get why Trek insists on fitting 50/34 rings on these things. They did this with the last generation, too! At least fit some 52/36 rings.
Cheers dude. My theory is that they assume that anyone who buys a bike like this is going to be the classic unfit, overeeight mamil, suffering through their midlife crisis, and gear them appropriately.

Supposedly over half of madone sales are project one, so i guess if you want big rings, trek would tell you to go down that route.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Just got my new seat post and stem!

205mm and 120mm respectively

Have found a paint bubble on my top tube and trek are going to warranty the bike so i will be building up a new one from scratch tonight.

I will try be less rushed than last time and actually take weights of individual components so i will hopefully have a better breakdown of the individual part weights. Will weigh frame and fork seperately etc.

Built it with a couple of mates helping me unpack last time and they got a bit overzealous with ripping packaging off and bolting stuff onImageImage

Last edited by Stitchking on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

This is going to be my next bike, yours looks great, please weigh everything so I have a good idea how much mine will come to!

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Just going to start uploading weights as i go along. Heres a few to start. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

JScycle

by JScycle

Stitchking wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:38 am
What is this piece?

JScycle

by JScycle

No idea why it isn't editing my posts and is making new ones :(
Sorry

Stitchking

by Stitchking

JScycle wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:22 am
Stitchking wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:38 am
What is this piece?
Thats 10g of steerer tube i cut off the fork

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Frame and rear thru axle. Frame weight is with rear brake and hydraulic hose as im not dedicated enough to re route the hose back through the frame.ImageImage