Trek madone slr 6 disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Stitchking

by Stitchking

bruno2000 wrote:Still a long reach.
I'm used to ride handlebars of Easton with 75mm reach with a 120mm stem
Would you advice a 100m stem in this case?
It depends on the difference of effective top tube on your current bike. But if they're the same then yes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stitchking

by Stitchking

tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:17 pm
fantastic bike! what's that paint scheme, seems like 2-colour option?

I've ridden a Madone 9 H2 for a day past week (I'm going to order an SLR as soon as I figure out what I really want in terms of drivetrain, wheels etc... paint... ) and it kinda suprised me with a really nice rear end (so smooth and fast) but the front end, with their integrated bar-stem combo, not so much. it felt harsh, but not very stiff (if it makes any sense, it was a 110mm/420mm), but I gather the SLR is completely redesigned in that department, so I'm hoping for a more balanced feel.

as for weight - thanks for sharing! I couldn't get any decent info even from the lbs who's sold like few of them. that 1.4kg for frame looks really nice. given the discs' and Shim's weight, I wonder if there's a chance to build it around a 7kg mark for a 56 size (I'm going with rim brakes anyway, and if Santa finds out I was good this year, perhaps SR 12spd and another shot at Boras - this time 35mm) - with
This is a stock slr 6 disc scheme (quicksilver and gravel are the paint names)
I've only done about 40km on it so far but i feel like the front and rear a pretty balanced in terms of compliance. it is hands down the comfiest bike i've ever ridden, and i dont find the cockpit to be overly flexy when getting out of the saddle on the drops.

I dont see why you couldnt get a rim brake one to 6.xx with SR and Tubs. Remember that 1.4kg was with the rear brake and a full length hydro cable. i would guess at least 750g between a ultegra disc group and a SR rim group. maybe more. last years h1 fit with durace 9070 rim group and srm PM could be built to 6.9kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Stitchking wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:35 pm
It depends on the difference of effective top tube on your current bike. But if they're the same then yes

My current bike it the so called old Madone 9 but I've chosen not to use the 'old' integrated handlebar.
So yes the frame is the same and a 90mm stem will do ok.
Only question how the bike will ride with a 90mm stem?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Stitchking wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:41 am
tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:17 pm
fantastic bike! what's that paint scheme, seems like 2-colour option?

I've ridden a Madone 9 H2 for a day past week (I'm going to order an SLR as soon as I figure out what I really want in terms of drivetrain, wheels etc... paint... ) and it kinda suprised me with a really nice rear end (so smooth and fast) but the front end, with their integrated bar-stem combo, not so much. it felt harsh, but not very stiff (if it makes any sense, it was a 110mm/420mm), but I gather the SLR is completely redesigned in that department, so I'm hoping for a more balanced feel.

as for weight - thanks for sharing! I couldn't get any decent info even from the lbs who's sold like few of them. that 1.4kg for frame looks really nice. given the discs' and Shim's weight, I wonder if there's a chance to build it around a 7kg mark for a 56 size (I'm going with rim brakes anyway, and if Santa finds out I was good this year, perhaps SR 12spd and another shot at Boras - this time 35mm) - with
This is a stock slr 6 disc scheme (quicksilver and gravel are the paint names)
I've only done about 40km on it so far but i feel like the front and rear a pretty balanced in terms of compliance. it is hands down the comfiest bike i've ever ridden, and i dont find the cockpit to be overly flexy when getting out of the saddle on the drops.

I dont see why you couldnt get a rim brake one to 6.xx with SR and Tubs. Remember that 1.4kg was with the rear brake and a full length hydro cable. i would guess at least 750g between a ultegra disc group and a SR rim group. maybe more. last years h1 fit with durace 9070 rim group and srm PM could be built to 6.9kg
I currentmly have a super Record eps group on my Madone 9.
If I want to install the new Madone smlr handlebar and stem, do you think there is room in the stem to hide the Campagnolo EPS interface which is currently placed under the stem?

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Me again, can you fit a normal handlbar, for example Pro, into the new Madone SLR stem?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

bruno2000 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am
Me again, can you fit a normal handlbar, for example Pro, into the new Madone SLR stem?
I don't think so, and if you could, you wouldn't be able to use the internal routing, which kind of defeats the purpose. I looked at the Shimano Pro bars, but I think the exit hole for the routing is too narrow for hydraulic purposes, and I would be very apprehensive about drilling into carbon to expand the size of the hole. For now, I think you're limited to whatever Trek introduces (or maybe a Specialized bar off the Venge Vias).

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Ti spindles for the speedplays from a wrecked set of nanograms. Saved quite a bit of weight vs the cromo onesImageImage

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

bruno2000 wrote:
Stitchking wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:35 pm

So yes the frame is the same and a 90mm stem will do ok.
Only question how the bike will ride with a 90mm stem?
If the combined reach of the bar and stem are the same then it will feel the same.
Using Tapatalk

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Blendr mount for garmin and light installed on the bar. Adds some weight but looks super clean imo. Especially when you're looking down at the computer screen and the light is completely obscured. Image

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Stitchking wrote:Blendr mount for garmin and light installed on the bar. Adds some weight but looks super clean imo. Especially when you're looking down at the computer screen and the light is completely obscured. Image

I agree. The 9 has the same setup, and it’s really tidy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spartan

by spartan

real world weight update:

local lbs someone picked up a 58cm madone slr(segafredo) ultegra di2 with garmin 3 pedals. total weight 18.4 lbs !!!!. not impressed with trek quality control. there was a slight gap where the seapost enters the isospeed seatube. overal mehhhh. venge or cervelo s5disc would deliver similiar aero with 2lbs savings.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Stitchking

by Stitchking

spartan wrote:real world weight update:

local lbs someone picked up a 58cm madone slr(segafredo) ultegra di2 with garmin 3 pedals. total weight 18.4 lbs !!!!. not impressed with trek quality control. there was a slight gap where the seapost enters the isospeed seatube. overal mehhhh. venge or cervelo s5disc would deliver similiar aero with 2lbs savings.
Weight sounds right with those pedals. That gap is created by the clamp wedge which pushes on the front of the seat tube. Definitely not a weenie bike but i can say after riding doing my first ride over 100km yesterday it is fast as hell, and extremely comfortable. Something you may find lacking on the competition.

Unsure as to why my bike isn't real world?

spartan

by spartan

what i meant is stock equipped version with no upgrades.

the gap on the seat post is only one side. what about yours. do you have a pic ?

yes the ride quality is great. i hope trek addresses this issue.

enjoy your new bike. the subtle grey paintjob is timeless vs the team vulgar edition.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

boogermin

by boogermin

Good looking bike. I placed an order for a P1 frameset, andI have a question about the seatpost clamp for the saddle while I wait to take delivery. Does your Pro Stealth saddle have 7x7mm or 7x9mm rails? If the latter, any issue with the 7x10mm adapter that comes with the Madone?

Thanks in advance.

izza

by izza

I have carbon rails and have had no issue with the 7x10 ears.

The only issue I currently have is that if I go over bumpy roads (loads of ‘sleeping policeman’ in London) the Garmin starts to rise up. After cumulative 150km I end up with a screen facing backwards at about 10-15 degrees.

If it was a loose fitting I’d expect unit to rotate down. I have tightened it using the supplied 4mm torque wrench.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com