Godzuki26 goes pink - Litespeed T1SL but first a 4.05kg Scott Addict R2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I never noticed those bar codes. Cannondale places them in the exact same location for both forks. I am so glad I did not waste coin on a THM Scapula CT tapered fork. It is not light at all and is a complete waste of money if you ask me. Is a THM tapered fork an additional 50 to 60 grams over the THM straight fork? It does not look that much more overbuilt to me but I guess it is.

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Lawyer’s tabs = those aluminum/carbon protrusions on the fork’s dropout that makes wheel removal slower and more difficult. Without them you can just flip the QR lever and the wheel just falls out. If you have them then you have to unthread the QR by five turns before the wheel can come out. I really hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I was at 271g with my 3T Rigida LTD which, I believe, looks a lot better than the Scapula - at least considering the oversized HT on the Litespeed.

FYI, I was down to ~5.8kg in daily trim on my T2 with very few boutique parts. This setup saw plenty of commuting and gravel.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

The Rigida fork does look very nice when stripped. It is also a 1 1/2 taper I believe. 271g is a fantastic weight plus it has the more modern looking straight legs. I recall in your thread that you switched this fork out for tire clearance issues?

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Lol I thought lawyer tabs meant barcodes for lawyers :oops: Like a bill a lawyer gives you when your wife divorces you.

ImageFelt AR FRD

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I couldn't clear 27s - which was a short pursuit anyway as I find myself quite content on 25s!

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Nice. Following!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I must honor the out dated THM Scapula SP 1 1/8 straight fork with some old school SMUD UL bottle cages. These are the ribbon shaped cages that have been updated with the tubular shaped Carbonworks cages. If I change my mind later and go with the tapered Cannondale EVO fork I will switch to Carbonworks cages.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Token headset spacer that I just bought from Ebay. Over 3 grams for a 5mm and over 6 grams for a 10mm. I don't plan on ever using a 10mm. I was planning to use a 5mm so that I have some room to alternate different stems if I decide to later on. I have cut steerer tubes way to short in the past where if I used a different stem the top cap bolt would not reach the expander. 3 grams for the pink spacer is way too heavy. I need to look somewhere else. Time to start digging in my garage.

ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

Hey goduzki, how many fingerprints do you have on the back of your camera? Looks like someone just had a binge fest with KFC there :wink:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@RyanH - yes the lens on my iphone was dirty. Plus I take crappy pictures. The phone goes bonkers on me when I try to focus on the scale weight. I need a stand alone camera.

Here are some headset spacer comparisons. Titanium spacers weighed about the same as the pink spacers. These may actually look better on the T1SL. The Extralite Delrin spacers were not the lightest. In fact, the Omni Racer carbon spacer was lighter. But the winner of them all are the magnesium Tune spacers. I did not realize how light these were.

Titanium 5mm

Titanium 10mm

Extralite Delrin 5mm

Extralite Delrin 10mm

Omniracer carbon 5mm

Tune Magnesium 5mm

Tune Magnesium 10mm
Last edited by godzuki26 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

Did you order your frame yet? Litespeed sales rep offered to find me the lightest small. #sorry

godzuki26

by godzuki26

No I have not ordered yet. That is awesome that they will do that. I am going to update this thread with a few more parts before I contact Litespeed with the link to this build so I can possbily have the absolute lightest. Meaning, I will wait and ask them to build me one with the lightest chainstays, seatstays, downtube, bottom bracket shell, headtube, ect. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But I will try.

ImageFelt AR FRD

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Litespeed T1SL Battles activated :)

I know both of you will regalate us with tasty builds
Even if Ryan's bike should be heavier I think because he plays less than before with components
and I can totally understand it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I am actually a RyanH fanboy. See, I am already shamelessly stealing his decal kit setup from Graphicshacks. I got both pastel pink and hot pink. I am planning on making the "L & S" Hot pink and the rest of the letters pastel pink. I am also going to acetone the engraved headbadge which is colored black and replace it with both pink colors.

ImageFelt AR FRD