Godzuki26 goes pink - Litespeed T1SL but first a 4.05kg Scott Addict R2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

JScycle

by JScycle

godzuki26 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:10 am
there is a girl on the top cap and that will distract me while riding like the silver bolts. :D
godzuki26 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:04 am
I won't be able to ride and stare at those distracting silver bolts. They will reflect from the sun and blind my eyes causing me to crash.
You have such a unique personality, it's awesome.
Interesting that the nylon bolts all have Phillips heads, they aesthetically don't do it for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

From 2010. I don't think Parts of Passion (POP) is around anymore. These skewers are the SL version. They use aluminum spindles instead of titanium. These skewers are very similar to the current Carbon-Ti skewers. Good luck finding these in pink. The titanium lever will match the titanium bike but what I really want are the Tune ZFS Skyline skewers in pink. Tune stopped producing pink many years ago and sometimes if lucky there is old stock somewhere. Does anybody have a set they want to sell me?

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

I have been thinking about the weight on a small T1SL. I have not really seen a weightweenie attempt at a T1SL except for one guy on a Filipino website who built one using a THM Scapula CT fork and THM Clavicula SE cranks. That site has since been taken down and I can't find any more details on it. I think it was around 11.5 lbs.

Litespeed lists the frame as being under 1000 grams for an M, but on other sites I see an M listed at 1050 grams. I wonder if I can email Litespeed directly and ask them for the lightest size small in their batch? Obviously, I am serious about the weight and will be using only premium weight weenie parts on this bike. What if I email Litespeed the link to this build thread to show that I am not using standard big name parts? I am just throwing this out there. If I get an 1100 gram size small I will be very disappointed. What do you guys think? Should I ask Litespeed for a certified weight frame like they did with the Ghisallo a few years ago? Will they even entertain that request?

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Obviously a 44mm headtube and a beefed up PF30 bottom bracket shell will weigh more but for reference check out the weight on my 2009 Ghisallo. This is also a blended 6/4 T1 grade frame. 782 grams for a size small. Sensational!!!

ImageFelt AR FRD

RyanH

by RyanH

It can't hurt to ask. They are known to give discounts over the phone. Imaking20 got a really good price on his T2 so I'm sure if you're not trying to haggle over price they'd accommodate or at worst, say no.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

We have been waiting your projects and finally new one. :)

euph

by euph

I agree with RyanH. Worst they can say is no. Go for it and see if they would get involved. May even be happy to see such a good example of how their frames can be built up.

AZR3

by AZR3

Never hurts to ask and if you don’t youd never know what they’d say :wink:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I just got off the phone with Litespeed and bought the lightest T1SL they had in stock. 880g. size small!

Just kidding :D

Yeah I would just ask. I'm interested to know how light it could be. Although I doubt there's that much variability in weight to begin with since this frame is already uber light.

There's must be a good reason why Litespeed discontinued the Ghisallo. I think 782g. is just too light for a Ti frame. I know this is WW but who wants a noodle frame? My custom Ti in size 54cm has butted tubing and it's a hair over 1,200g. I can't even imagine how Litespeed did it at 1,000g.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

You can use an internet archive service like Waybackmachine to dig up old internet sites.

https://archive.org/web/

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@pdlpsher1 - Lol you made me drop my IPad with your first comment. The site with the weightweenie T1SL build was from cebucycling. I can't find it from the archive link you sent me. :(

ImageFelt AR FRD

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Yeah I also tried but can't find it in the archive. Internet archive doesn't work very well on discussion forums.

Sorry I made you drop your iPad. Let us know what Litespeed says.

RyanH

by RyanH

@godzuki26
When you call them make sure they don't mix us up, cause I might have messaged them about acquiring a T1sl :shock: . Just clarify that you have money, Ryan is the one that is being cheap and wants a discount...but also do me a solid and let them know that I help rep the brand ;)

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Ryan I do not have money. I am married. :noidea:

ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

I am married, too. You have to be resourceful. Which Birken bag is your wife least likely to notice if it's misplaced? Be strong, take one for the team.