Godzuki26 goes pink - Litespeed T1SL but first a 4.05kg Scott Addict R2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

RyanH got the T1SL before me. Haha. Sooooo maybe I should switch to a Lynskey R460/R470? Also considered “technical titanium” as they use a seamed 6/4 top tube and 6/4 downtube with helix shaped seatstays.......but then I can’t use my Berk 31.6 combo or my THM fork:( Lynskey is a 27.2 with a 1 1/8 by 1 1/2 headtube. It is not too late though for me to go in a completely different direction. I really do not fancy the integrated derailleur hanger. One crash and the frame is toast.
Last edited by godzuki26 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Can someone tell me what a small Lynskey R460 weighs please? Once again no information on the internet. Somebody on this forum listed a size medium with downtube barrel adjusters and seatpost collar to weigh 1690 grams!!!!!!????? Mind you this includes an integrated derailleur hanger and integrated headset cups. But still 1690? Can anyone add to this? Not sure why people weigh frames with seatpost collars? Take the damn thing off.

ImageFelt AR FRD

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Yes. They are very heavy bikes. Definitely not WW. But solidly built bikes that don’t ride like a noodle.

Integrated hanger is not an issue. You can repair/replace any part of a Ti bike that gets damaged.

27.2mm seatpost is the best thing since sliced bread. They flex to take the edge off the road.

Yeah I agree two parallel T1SL builds is not a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Find a tiny Moots Compact Sl

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Speak to Nevi about a custom Stelvio. They do soke pretty special work and I'm sure could build a light compact frame.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I had considered Lynskey for a while the past few years mostly due to low cost of entry, but really think the best two stock SL models are the Litespeed T1sl or a Vamoots RSL. Every time I see a Moots in person, it's absolutely gorgeous. The T1sl is obviously more 'technical' though ;)

Having said that, I know a couple people in the area with a Helix. They really like them. None of them are built up light.

I think yours and Ryan's builds will be different enough that it won't matter. Of course, RyanH IS getting the lightest one...

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Honestly if you are going to go Ti you shouldn't put any focus on frame weight. Light weight Ti has compromises, just like your Ghisallo. Find a bike that rides well, one that is a joy to ride and descend on. The is also one reason why despite their hefty weight, Lynskey customers are very satisfied with their purchases. Let the weight savings come from the components.

Nixster

by Nixster

Sounds like RyanH is not going for it WW-wise so you could still show him how it's done... :D

My Lynskey Sportive does ride well and is stiff and robust but at 1.7kg I don't doubt that there's more metal in the frame than my 60kg really needs.

Do the Litespeed!

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

What size if your Sportive?

Godzuki- what's your weight and your desire for frame stiffness? I'm not asking you to get a 1.7kg frame but if I know about your physique I can recommend a weight range.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@rlpaul - I am not really looking for a sportive style frame. I want something racey. I am 5 foot 8 inches 155 lbs. (172.7cm and 70 kg) My inshape alpha male riding weight is 140 lbs which unfortunatley I have not been for the last 3 years.

The frame I want has to be technical titanium. That means ovalized chainstays and 6/4 seamed toptube at minimum. Like I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread I have always wanted a Reynolds seamless 6/4 round tube bike like the Moots Compact SL. The Vammots RSL is a butted round 3/2.5 tubed bike which I am not interested in. I have owned both a Moots Cinco and Moots Rigormortis many years ago and the finish on those bikes are top notch. However, they were not all that special to me in terms of ride quality. Just round 3/2.5 tubes welded together and very expensive.......

Pezcycling did a nice factory tour of Lynskey a couple years ago. Like Litespeed, they have many many years of metal work experience. That means manipulating titanium into shapes that other titanium builders will not do. I am intrigued by this and want a frame made by one of these old school metal works guys. The T1SL I have not given up on yet. I just want to see RyanH's confirmed weight before I proceed. He is taking one for the team. :thumbup:

Last edited by godzuki26 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageFelt AR FRD

godzuki26

by godzuki26

ohhh man. The Berk combo is ugly without the gloss clear coat. I might as well make it freaky looking.

ImageFelt AR FRD

bilwit

by bilwit

not sure how I'd feel about getting the service from Toad when I ride my bike..

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@bilwit - are you sure?

ImageFelt AR FRD

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Mushroom makes the ride more spongy.

jorisee01