Back in the saddle - Litespeed T6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@rlpaul - removing the guts from a Red brifter to make it single speed is very easy. The end result is also much lighter than the s900.

:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Some cleat weenie-ism tonight. I can only find 4 of the required 6, seems I lost a few bolts in the many moves the past few years.

Steel cleat bolts:

Ti cleat bolts:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Good move on the cleat bolts. I didn't know Ti cleat bolts exist. Where did you get them from? Are the steels bolts from Shimano SPD-SL cleats? I just went to weigh some that I have and I got 16g. for six solid bolts and 15g. for six hollow Dura Ace bolts. So your 3g. each seems to be a bit more than what I measured mine at.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I didn't measure a whole set, but they are solid bolts. Not stamped Shimano though, so, not sure what they came from originally. Not Speedplay, since all my Speedplay bolts are phillips. I measured a Shimano stamped bolt a minute ago to see if that was different, but also came in at 3.0 grams.

I haven't bought cleats in I don't know how many years. Still have one set of red cleats in the package even. So if Shimano changed bolts in the past... 7 or 8 years, I probably don't have them.

Likewise, I bought the Ti cleat bolts years ago, just dug them out of a parts box over the weekend. I want to say I probably bought them from Toronto Cycles. Hoping they're back online soon.

Since I only have 4, I can't measure a full set, but each came in at 1.7 grams.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Thanks. I was surprised the hollow Dura Ace bolts didnt' save that much weight afterall. My scale is not accurate to 0.1 gram and hence I measured a whole set of six bolts. I'll check Toronto when they come back up. They are my go-to on bolts.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

These are the Dura Ace hollow steel bolts I have. Six of them at 15 grams. CyclingTips also reviewed them and said they were surprised they only saved 1.4g. total over the standard six solid bolts. Now I need to find some alternatives to the rectangular steel plates that go under the bolt. They weigh as much as the bolts (15g. for six).

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

rlpaul wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm
The T3 has ovalized seat stays and downtube. The T6 is round. So the T3 should be a nicer ride. Bottom bracket should be stiffer on the T3 as well. I believe the head tubes are identical, except for length, so stiffness should be about equal there.

T3 also has some butting, while the T6 is straight tubing.

Other than that, the T6 is more relaxed, which I needed from a stack perspective. If I was going with a medium, I'd opt for the T3, but in a small, the T6 just makes more sense for me.
Thanks for the thoughts. Appreciate it.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Some more weights while I... wait.

Front half of my old Enve 6.7s, with Vittoria 23c that still isn't worn enough to replace with a 25c tire mounted:

A couple family members years ago gave me all their Nokons, so I've been running them forever. The red goes under the bar tape because I have enough red Nokons for 3 bikes, and not enough black for two. Or blue for that matter. I'll only be running Nokons for rear derailleur, since I have some Bungarus coming.

I'll be running Campagnolo SR Skeleton brakes for now. Since all my SwissStop pads are Shimano, I'll probably put KCNC brake shoes on. I've modded these a bit, with blue Ti bolts and conical washers, and black ti washers.

Some more parts coming in the mail today supposedly, so hopefully I'll have something rideable in the next week or so!

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Naturally, packages arrived right after I posted.

3T Rigida Ltd uncut:

Aican Bungarus brake housing. Lighter for the whole set vs the Nokon derailleur housing for only one derailleur shown above (30 grams total).

And the rest of the Bungaru set.

Chris King PF30. Not sure yet if I'm going to use this, or something else.

And since I'm not running internal cables, minus the center sleeve.

And, some Parts of Passion yokes for a different project.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

This post is mostly for @godzuki26

New Litespeed decals. They're slightly longer than the ones that came on the bike, but since they're *ahem* hollow, they must weigh less, right?

About 0.4 grams per side, for a total of ~0.8 grams.

RyanH

by RyanH

My CK BB ended up creaking after 6 months, something about metal on metal contact (even with copper paste). I just use the FSA PF30. They're 67g and $30.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

@RyanH I have an FSA coming tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll probably toss the CK into the parts bin for a different build.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

The 3T expander and cap is pretty heavy.

This made me wonder if it was the heaviest one I'd seen.

Old Edge Composites expander/cap.

Old Cannondale (FSA) System Integration cap from a Super Six Hi Mod.

And we have a winner. There's a conical piece missing. This expander was probably close to 50 grams all said and done. Can't find the conical piece though.

For reference, old school alloy steerer star nut.

And what's ultimately going on this build.

UltraStar 3 would save another gram, but I already had two never used UltraStar 2 expanders in the parts bin.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Crank time!

Wavy washer that came with my SiSL cranks.

FSA wavy washer.

FSA cups and bearings.

Drive side crankarm and direct drive ring.

Direct drive ring weighed some months ago when I got it.

Complete crank.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I'm going to jump the gun a bit, because I just finished putting the bike together with some borrowed parts off of two other bikes :mrgreen: I'm starving and have some work to do, so shakedown ride while have to wait until tomorrow.

My spreedsheet claims the bike should weigh 6439, but...

And this is with the 3T expander, extra steerer, and Nokon housing for the rear derailleur. So, not sure where the discrepency is just yet. Some parts haven't been weighed in ages, I just assumed they were correct on my parts section of my sheet. Might be a few items that are incorrect. The mighty old Thoork might be lighter than the C13 on the spreedsheet, but that's the only part I can think of offhand. Need to lose a few more kilos before I can put the Smud saddle back on.

I have a bunch of parts that have been weighed in the meantime with a few mods. I'll try to get those posted soonish.