Back in the saddle - Litespeed T6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Some updated weights.

First cut on the fork brought it down quite a bit. Still have another 10-15mm to cut once I figure out what stack height feels best.

Front SR Dual pivot with Campy shoes and pads.

And now with KCNC shoes and Black Prince pads.

Rear single pivot SR brake with Campy shoes and pads.

And KCNC/Black Prince.

Alloy nut the front brake came with. Too short.

For some reason, Campy includes steel nuts for longer lengths.

The alloy nut I went with.

AER bottom.

AER top.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

You weighed the downtube decals. Lol. Thank you for that! I am surprised at the weight of the 3T fork. If you sand it I bet it will weigh around 150 grams. Imaking20 did this and it looked really nice.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I'll eventually sand the fork. I wanted a matte finish, but this one was a steal. I've actually been pretty impressed with the 3T fork so far. I only have about 25 miles ridden on the bike, but the fork feels plenty stiff, something that can't always be said for sub 270 gram forks with an 85kg+ rider. I'm thinking between sanding, and cutting off the last little bit of steerer, I'll end up sub 250. It came in over weight uncut, but then, the listed weight was likely for the 1 1/8 straight fork rather than the tapered I have.

I decided to go with my old ErgoNovas rather than the S-Works bar. It's a tad heavier, but I prefer the bend on the ErgoNova.

Eventually, I'll go with some aero bars if I can find one that meets my requirements. The Enve would... if it had a wider clamping area. So may end up with Zipp SL-70 Aero unless I find something else. I'll gain 60 grams, but I'll easily lose that switching expander/top cap and cutting the excess steerer.

In the meantime, have some new Speedplays in black that I'll be tuning soon. Hoping to get them under 140, as my current Zeros are 140.4. They're Chromo, so a bit portly at the moment:

Waiting on parts to arrive to get them tuned.

Next expense though is a new Garmin. My Edge 705 is a bit, uh, old and dead. And while my Fenix 3 works, it's a bit less than ideal.

RyanH

by RyanH

Depending on the features you're looking for, you may want to consider the Garmin 130. I've been pretty happy with mine. Good size and has all the features I want. Basically an upgraded 500.

JerryLook

by JerryLook

+1 on the Garmin 130. I love mine. And it only weighs 33 grams.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

RyanH

by RyanH

Also, the Raceware direct mounts are only 13g:

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Hmm, Raceware makes an Enve SES Aero bar mount now too. That changes things a bit!

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Since I couldn't ride with Florence rolling through, I went ahead and installed the Enve bars. Forgot how annoying internal bar routing is. First set of cables was easy, just the second cable on the right side that I had issues with. Third try was the charm.

Don'thave a good photo of it, but bars came in at 269.8 grams. Certainly not light, but leading edge aero is an area I'm willing to sacrifice weight.

My KCNC garmin mount JUST fits, albeit off-center. And pushed way out for a 1030 instead of the 130, as the retractable arm hits the stem. I have the Raceware SES specific mount coming, so hopefully that's the solution.

I'll probably do some more maintenance today. It's clear and sunny, but there's so much debris on the road, that waiting another day or two makes sense. I'll take a quick drive around today to see how my usual route looks. Hopefully I can get a ride in tomorrow.

serious1

by serious1

Whats the tire clearance like? I've been eyeing a T6 and theyre made 10 min down the road from me.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I'm running 25s with no issue. My fork will only go to 25s, so haven't really tried anything else. I'm sure 27 would be fine on the rear.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Updated photo from after today's lunchtime ride. Still dialing in a few things, but will likely cut the excess steerer soon. About 6480 grams as pictured.

Have the Brooks Cambium back on. Getting some numbing with other saddles, and the Brooks is flawless in this regard. I don't recall any numbness with the Smud, so hopefully that'll work once I'm ready to put it back on.
Raceware SES mount is on as well. Don't like it for a couple reasons but primarily because... it's either warped or not engineered quite right, as it's visibly not straight. May have an alternate mounting solution soon. Will continue to use in the meantime.
Also switched my DA cassette for my OG (literally) Red cassette, as it has more range. 11 gram weight saving a nice bonus.
Arenberg now installed on the front, along with a Silca/Enve valve extender. Which negated the need to put some tape down to get rid of valve-knock, yay.

Still a number of little things to change, but I'm enjoying myself on the bike as is. I was thinking of rebuilding the wheels with either Tune or Carbon-Ti hubs, but I think I'd rather save the money and just get the 54 tooth ratchet and 11 speed freehub for the DT rear hub instead, while I ponder adding another wheelset.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

This is awesome! Never apologize for riding a Cambium.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Thanks for the build pictures and weights! That is a very nice bike sir... and as jbaillie stated, no need to apologize about the Cambium - whatever fits your behind!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Thanks guys.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Cambium, it's just supposed to be going on a different bike (ride around the neighborhood cruiser type). The Cambium is comfortable enough I'd hop on a bike in jeans and not worry much, hence why it's supposed to go on either my Chase, which no longer resembles a dirt jump bike, or Hooligan if I ever get around to buying one. I'll eventually get things sorted.

I'm really digging the Enve bars. The drops feel thinner with the Fizik super tacky lite race type r whatever tape, and being fairly broad shouldered, I was worried about the tops only being 39CM, but I'm usually half way through my ride before I even remember the bars being narrower up top. And only because I'm enjoying myself and my mind is wandering from topic to topic. FWIW I've always ridden on 44 C-C bars, although my ErgoNovas are 42 C-C hoods, 44 drops.

I think I've finally dialed in tire pressure. This is the smoothest road bike I've ridden. Even when I was 10-15 PSI higher on the tires. Only complaints are unrelated the frame (Ugh, SRAM Red, why must you have such comfortable hoods, and such a crappy rear derailleur...).

leicaman

by leicaman

Great build. I'm waiting for a T2 from Litespeed at the moment. Should be here in the next week or so.

I have a Cambium but it sits in the drawer nowadays as I find it gives me shoulder pain for some strange reason.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com