Back in the saddle - Litespeed T6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rlpaul

by rlpaul

After marriage, house hunting/buying/continual modification, and a couple years spent running instead of cycling, I tossed my leg over a bike a couple months ago, and started back up. And wow have I missed it. I seriously can't figure out why I stopped.

Some things changed though. Had some back issues last year, and as a result, I can't seem to stretch out as far as I could. Not much, maybe 1 cm different. Historically, I've been between a 54 and 52 in sizing, but now looks like I'm firmly in the 52ish camp. And all my frames are 54s. Interestingly enough, I seem to be fine with a lower stack height than previous, so I'll be messing with stem height for a couple months I'm sure.

Having said that, I'm currently riding my CAAD10 as a single speed to build up some strength while I pondered what to do for a geared bike. I've wanted a Ti bike since I saw Tomac riding one in a magazine in the 90s, and have spent quite a bit of timing shopping around over the years. I wasn't planning on buying something new until next year, but a deal popped up, and well, here we are.

This will likely be a 2-3 month build. I'll be riding the SS for the time being (although I've caught myself several times reaching to shift into a faster gear on descents...), and taking my time getting exactly what I want.

Frame arrived this morning:

This is going to be a 1x10 build for now, so unbolted the NDS cable stop, and weighed in:

rlpaul

by rlpaul

A few parts I have lying around for this build.

Old M2Racer seatpost clamp:

SRAM Red 10 speed derailleur with FibreLyte pulleys:

Smud custom saddle:

Absolute Black top cap:

Extralite UltraStar 2:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Couple updates.

Mcfk 31.6 UD seatpost:

Some Ti upgrades to the Speedplays:

Not sure I'm liking the way the Speedplays look. I want to get some black bodies at some point, so that'll probably 'fix' it.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

This was a pleasant surprise. Was expecting my stem to come in over-weight, not under...

Extralite HyperStem 100/6:

godzuki26

by godzuki26

:thumbup: 77.7 :thumbup: Do you realize how lucky you are? Go buy a lotto ticket or fly to vegas and put it all on the line at a craps table. :mrgreen: I once sanded a bike to 666 grams and a pigeon shit on my head 30 minutes later. So I sanded it more to not be at 666. LOL. I really like how you are posting weights on every part so far. Keep it going we all love this kind of detail. :beerchug:
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Didn't even notice that :beerchug:

You're wife's Evo is what has me looking at getting an Evo fork for the CAAD10. Haven't seen a 2016+ pop up yet though since I started looking. Of course with how light the Evo fork is, I may just have to put it on the Litespeed anyways...

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I always seem to have a set of Hollowgram cranks unmounted in the parts bin somehow (currently have 2.5 sets). They're all older gen SiSL hollowgrams, haven't bought any C-dale parts since the first year CAAD10. Since I'm one of those people that love Hollowgrams, a set is going on this build.

Here's the NDS drive arm that's... erm... not going on this build...

Because this Stages Si arm is going on instead. With two pedal washers to fix the Q-factor.

32.1 gram penalty for power. Not bad. Still need to take the stickers off, but the Stages is currently on my single speed while I make sure it functions properly. Which it does, I'm just not going to remove it until I have all the parts for the T6. So maybe I lose another gram! Of course, the pedal washers will negate taking the stickers off. Hmm, I need to see if anybody makes aluminum pedal washers...
Last edited by rlpaul on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Some random stuff.

Front derailleur guide and bolt:

Plug for the now removed guide:

Axle on my Tune skewers stick out quite a bit. Dropouts are a bit thinner than my other frames.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Niiiiiiccccceeeeee!

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

Sweet project. Any thoughts on how the ride quality of the T6 would stack up against the T3? The T3 has been on my want list, but finding a frameset in my size has been difficult. Should have jumped on it when I had the chance. But Litespeed are still offering the T6 at a nice price. I've read so many good things about the T3, but worried the T6 might not have the same ride.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

The T3 has ovalized seat stays and downtube. The T6 is round. So the T3 should be a nicer ride. Bottom bracket should be stiffer on the T3 as well. I believe the head tubes are identical, except for length, so stiffness should be about equal there.

T3 also has some butting, while the T6 is straight tubing.

Other than that, the T6 is more relaxed, which I needed from a stack perspective. If I was going with a medium, I'd opt for the T3, but in a small, the T6 just makes more sense for me.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Had some S-Works SL bars lying around. Not my favorite bars, but free is a hard price to pass up while I figure out what I want in the meantime.

I've since sanded off the logos.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Veloflex Arenberg to replace the Vittoria with a gaping hole on my rear wheel.

And valve extender.
Last edited by rlpaul on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Yes!!!! Weights on everything. Me likey alot. I would have never known how much those removable barrel adjusters weigh and now I know. That is another cool thing about Litespeed. If you are going wireless or electric you can remove the tabs because they aren't welded on. TiCycles quoted me approximately $75 per tab to grind them off a Lynskey (if I were to get one) and refinish the area.
Last edited by godzuki26 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

My imgur account is going to triple in size.

I have some old BTP carbon shifter clamps on one of my bikes that I need to scavenge, then I can get total weights on Shifter and Brake Levers. Here they are without clamping hardware.

S900 front brake lever:

Red rear shift/brake lever:

I sanded off the logos last night. Also, what's up with the S900 with no shifter hardware only being 10 grams lighter??? I feel like I should take my front shifter apart and see what that ends up weighing.
Last edited by rlpaul on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.