Back in the saddle - Litespeed T6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

oldturd

by oldturd

rlpaul wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:45 pm
Yes, tall version has a 15mm top cap, short version is 5mm IIRC. I'm not the most flexible person around, so I've always gone with the 'tall' version of headsets. Typically, I have one or no spacers above the conical cap.

I believe all the 44mm headtube Litespeeds use the same headset. ZeroStack 44 for top, EC44/40 1 1/2" for bottom.

In other news, looks like the spider is available now for the eeWings: https://www.canecreek.com/announcing-1x ... r-eewings/
I'll probably pick one up since I'm planning on doing Assault on Mt Mitchell in a year or two.
Just a note on the headset bottom - it will depend on the crown race diameter on the fork, unless all LS come with the same spec'd forks?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

They all come with 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 forks IIRC. And they all use the same 44mm headtube. It's one of the things I like looking at their lineup, component specs are consistent.

oldturd

by oldturd

nice! makes everyones life easier when changing out the headsets on the LS :beerchug:

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Installed the crank a couple weeks ago. Also installed an oval chainring for kicks, since I have never tried one. Nothing much to report back yet, since all my recent riding has been on the trainer. It's either been wet or cold here, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a fairweather rider.

One thing I have noticed on the trainer though, the arms bulge slightly in the middle, and I have ocassional shoe rub, which is a first for me. I'm more sensitive to fore/aft position of cleats than side to side, so going to try moving them out a millimeter or two and see how that goes.