Back in the saddle - Litespeed T6

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rlpaul

by rlpaul

As for the 979 SL, I've only had a chance to adjust them so far. I'm still waiting on rear derailleur to show up, so probably be 4 or 5 days before I can get a ride in. They are certainly striking.

SR Skeleton rear looks almost dinky next to it.

leicaman

by leicaman

rlpaul wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:31 pm
@leicaman I actually took this a week ago, but have had some craziness happening. Without further ado...

My particular fork has the seam on both sides for the outer UD layer right in the middle, as you can see in the photo, rather than on one of the edges. The clear coat masked this. Also, obvious I have more sanding to do :) I'm hoping a thin layer of matte 2k finish will 're-mask' the seam.
Apologies for the super late response and thanks for the photo. That fork looks great. So much so that I actually ordered one last night. R2 bike were selling the LTD for 189 euros (not including the VAT, as I live in Japan). The same fork goes for over 600 euros here. I’ll also sand mine down as I don’t like the 3T graphics. Can’t decide whether to use 2k on it or just use aerospace 303. I sanded my seatpost and just used good old car wax for that which seems to do the trick. We’ll see.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I'll probably just use 303 myself. I'm tempted to get a second one for my single speed as well.

@RyanH
Don't have a lot of time on the Mag SLs, so just some intial impressions. It's been a while since I've used DA, so going off memory here. Initial bite is lower than DA, but modulation seems good. I had to slow down on an 11% grade following a garbage truck and didn't have any problems, but I haven't had to try any quick/panic stops as yet. Spring tension is probably about the same as DA. It's definitely stiffer than SR. I haven't used 9x00 series brakes, so this is all against 7900. I'm a bit heavier (90ish KG), so something to keep in mind.

I dislike the Aican Bungaroo housing, so I'm going to swap that out and get some more miles in soon, weather permitting. I'm hoping the pull will improve with different housing.

rlpaul

by rlpaul

DA RD weight:

DA pulleys:

FibreLyte pulleys:

Weight as it sits now:

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Waiting on a new bottom bracket so I can install something new...

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Nicest crank out there !
They had some % off for black friday I guess you had to take it :D

I am a shimano 2X chainrings guy otherwhise ...

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Yeah, the sale is what pushed me. Nobody makes rings larger than 42 DM for the Hollowgram, so I was looking for a SRAM compatible crank, and this worked out nicely.

That's a 44 intalled on there. Apparently there's a spider coming out for it, so going double will be possible soon.

leicaman

by leicaman

Wow, that Ti crank will look great on your bike.
Last edited by leicaman on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

RyanH

by RyanH

I almost pulled the trigger on one as well during the weekend sale. Glad someone got on and is planning to put it to good use.

leicaman

by leicaman

I noticed that you are running the cane creek aer headset on your bike. I had a look at their website recently and there seems to be a ton of different aer sizes available. How on earth do I find out which one fits my T2 ;) ?
They have a shirt and tall version of the top part. I’m guessing you are running the tall version. I’m guessing the tall version just gives more stack without the need for more spacers. Is this correct?

rlpaul

by rlpaul

Yes, tall version has a 15mm top cap, short version is 5mm IIRC. I'm not the most flexible person around, so I've always gone with the 'tall' version of headsets. Typically, I have one or no spacers above the conical cap.

I believe all the 44mm headtube Litespeeds use the same headset. ZeroStack 44 for top, EC44/40 1 1/2" for bottom.

In other news, looks like the spider is available now for the eeWings: https://www.canecreek.com/announcing-1x ... r-eewings/
I'll probably pick one up since I'm planning on doing Assault on Mt Mitchell in a year or two.

JerryLook

by JerryLook

rlpaul wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 pm
Finished tuning my Speedplays.

They look nice with the black screws and bowties. What brand are the screws and bowties?

And also are your spindles standard length or shorter?

I’m thinking about getting some JL spindles/bowties/screws for my Zeros, but I know there are slightly lighter options. Like the Ward spindles are a few grams lighter than the JL etc
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

rlpaul

by rlpaul

JL Bowties and screws, Dulight spindles, standard length. I have another set with Ward spindles, but these are slightly lighter. I don't remember if I had replaced the spindle screw with a Ti one on the previous set, could be the weight difference.

leicaman

by leicaman

Thanks for the info regarding the headset. Will look at getting the AER when funds allow.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

godzuki26 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 pm
:thumbup: 77.7 :thumbup: Do you realize how lucky you are? Go buy a lotto ticket or fly to vegas and put it all on the line at a craps table. :mrgreen: I once sanded a bike to 666 grams and a pigeon shit on my head 30 minutes later. So I sanded it more to not be at 666. LOL. I really like how you are posting weights on every part so far. Keep it going we all love this kind of detail. :beerchug:
Bwahahaha!
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com