Wilier Zero.6 (Round 2) 5471 g/ 12.06 lbs PICS FIXED

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

In April I posted my zero.6. Six weeks after riding, I started hearing a strange noise and it wasn't the cranks, wheels, seatpost, etc. I found a crack on the drive side chain stay.

Interestingly enough, my original Neilpryde Bura SL cracked in the same area, but that was after 2 years of riding it and the warranty replacement was lighter and lasted over 3 years, until I crashed and it was destroyed. This time the replacement frame was lighter has held up.

I have to give Wilier and the shop I bought it from (Bike Closet) credit - they had a new frame to me in 10 days (not 10 business days either).

Unfortunately, my size and the geomety of stock framesets has never worked well. I'm between a small and a medium and I proabably would have done better (fit-wise) with a medium, but I went with a small at the time of purchase based on what I had been riding. So, I have a bunch of spacers but it's where I need to be to fit properly. Incidentally, my other bike is a Neilpryde Alize in size medium and after some trial and error I've managed to get both set up so I'm in the same position on either bike.

Assuming this frame doesn't crack like the other one (so far so good), this is by far the smoothest, nicest riding frame I've ever ridden, up, down or on the flats, it's just effortless to move and it's not twitchy at all.

I need to weigh the entire bike when I can find my hanging scale. I've included the individual build list.

Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

The pics won't open.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

Pictures are dead... Love the wilier frame, Hah

pritchet74

by pritchet74

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Nice weight and components.
What about the shifting with this PYC chain? The cost and weight seems interesting

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

@danbjpa - shifting is no different than with a kmc x11 sl. It's been absolutely flawless. Pretty quiet too.
Speedplay is the devil!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Well, at least the build sheet is impressive...

danbjpa

by danbjpa

nice! I will try over the campy record. hope will be good too. Thanks!

P.S.: The bike just needs a black grommet instead blue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com