Steve Potts Silk Ti LT

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ecl2k

by ecl2k

10.2 Kg (22 lb 10 oz) right now

The highlights: xtr Di2, kappius wheelset (240 points with 1.5 degree engagement), Brakeforce one H2O brakes, carbon ti rotors, cane creek eewings, e13 trs-r 9-42 cassette, Zirbel wisent handlebar with di2 battery/junctions/shifter/bar end charging all built in.

Still working my way through the stem length and rise, flipped the stem, looking at options there. I like the looks of Ti stems but they tend to be on the heavier side.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Needs bigger pics - looks incredible tho..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ecl2k

by ecl2k

thanks and just click the thumbnails

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Well, isn't that a great looking bike! what a stunner. I can't realy seem to find one upgrade that you should do to it. this is a stunner! Thanks for sharing.
How do you like the EE cranks?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

ecl2k

by ecl2k

The eewings are great, easy to install, silent and they feel solid, sort of boring in a good way :) Could have saved 30 grams with raceface next sl g4 but it was hard to pass up the eewings on a ti bike.

Next steps are stem once I figure what length and rise feel good (Mcfk? to save ~20 grams vs adding 40-50 grams for a potts ti stem), darimo lay back seatpost (save ~50 grams vs the current ritchey superlogic), berk lupina saddle (save ~50 grams vs sqlab 611 carbon which I don't like so far). After that I might consider an extralite headset, carbon ti thru axle. It's a pretty heavy frame to be 22+ pounds with all the weenie parts but I'm really enjoying it :)

Clean39T

by Clean39T

ecl2k wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm
thanks and just click the thumbnails
Was on my phone, sorry..

Is that a standard offering by Potts? He's at the top of my titanium custom list...just haven't figured out exactly what I'd get from him yet...

ecl2k

by ecl2k

You have to deal with John Castellano (MrPivotless at castellanodesigns dot com) who designed this bike and the regular silk ti, bow-ti, szazbo etc. I think you initially talk with Castellano who designs it and then he works with Steve Potts to build it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com