Parlee Z-Zero XD so it begins: Road with Gravel options

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

26c tires back on... another new 20m Power PR... but atleast the segment times are in the realm now.. I'll need a good quiver of wheels for this bike, but it will be fun.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I'm currently riding a 1x cx bike with 38mm gravelkings and feel your pain!
I really liked my Compass tires but once I built up a road bike I put the cross bike back to dirt mode.

by Weenie

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

tonytourist wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:53 am
I'm currently riding a 1x cx bike with 38mm gravelkings and feel your pain!
I really liked my Compass tires but once I built up a road bike I put the cross bike back to dirt mode.
Indeed... just shocked at how much slower even 30c was... 38c well I'd expect it.

I sold my Parlee Zero for this Parlee Zero XD which is actually not all that different other then tire clearance... I was going to buy a new Aero bike... so I guess I have even more reason now.. otherwise risk getting turned inside out on fast group rides.

velotech1

by velotech1

Hey Johnny, How's that Pioneer Power Meter working for you?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

ImageImageImage

1566g with tape and valves
Waiting for my 28c to come in

Enve 4.5 AR w/ Industry9 hubs

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Schwalbe ProOne's are always a bithc on Enve rims for me.... wow what a struggle. I'll be making the call if I even get a unrepairable flat on the road, I just dont see how a tube would be able to survive the tire irons getting these tires on.

SKV11000

by SKV11000

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:44 pm
Schwalbe ProOne's are always a bithc on Enve rims for me.... wow what a struggle. I'll be making the call if I even get a unrepairable flat on the road, I just dont see how a tube would be able to survive the tire irons getting these tires on.
Same experience here, two instances on a set of Reynolds and my wife's Belgium+. On the reynolds I had to cut them off with a rasor blade when they were toast.