Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Grail

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Calnago wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:56 pm
@Wingnut, you kind of imply that you’ve seen those rivets before on other Colnagos? I haven’t. What year/models did they ever use those if it’s part of the original bike? It looks like it may have been a repair of some sort. I don’t know. I also have never seen a sleeve protruding above the seat collar, which looks like alloy, not carbon.
Hello @Calnago,

That bridge is typical of the model and period, I just think in general with regard to any brand selling a high end/price frame could do better than rivets. Be it brake bridges, front derailleur tabs or cable guides. The shim is just an aftermarket option due to the odd sizing of the seat post from my memory...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 11.33.45 am.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Owned a few of them and still have one.
As said by wingnut the rivets are typical of that model.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Interesting. Do you know which years specifically they did that for the bridge. Was it just a year or two in the late 90’s?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nakoota

by Nakoota

I have a CT1 with the same rivets on the bridge, was also concerned about possible repair/authenticity until after hours of searching I found a picture in a 2001 Colnago catalogue.

Of the 3 CT1's pictured in the catalogue, 1 had rivets and 2 not. My assumption is it was not limited to a year but rather something in the manufacturing process or the artisan doing the frame.
Screenshot 2019-08-04 at 21.10.02.png