Colnago C64 PKSL ...build in progress...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

LionelB

by LionelB

Cool bar choice. Interested to hear feedback on these.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Djohns

by Djohns

hgw20 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm
This is the cockpit I'm using ( yep I know it's modern in contrast to a supposedly classic frame but I simply love it, and I'm not sure the c64 it's so classical).ImageImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk
Does the bar have flare?

Do you have the actual weight as well?

hgw20

by hgw20

Djohns wrote:
hgw20 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 pm
This is the cockpit I'm using ( yep I know it's modern in contrast to a supposedly classic frame but I simply love it, and I'm not sure the c64 it's so classical).ImageImageImageImage

Does the bar have flare?

Do you have the actual weight as well?
Not sure about what "flare" means here sorry.

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Couple of observations. I’m really interested in the bars, but I saw them on another build, and I’m not sure if it was the angle the photo was taken from but the spacers looked a little clunky. Did you get spacers with the bars?

Also I think all c64 now come with the serial number plate fixed into the bottle cage ‘trough’. I heard there was some issue with the rivets potentially clashing with mechanical gear cable when it was in its original position.

hgw20

by hgw20

TurboTommy wrote:Couple of observations. I’m really interested in the bars, but I saw them on another build, and I’m not sure if it was the angle the photo was taken from but the spacers looked a little clunky. Did you get spacers with the bars?

Also I think all c64 now come with the serial number plate fixed into the bottle cage ‘trough’. I heard there was some issue with the rivets potentially clashing with mechanical gear cable when it was in its original position.
Yes, u get 3 different spacers with the cockpit. Each of different heights.

The serial in mine comes in the bottlecage "pool" I don't know why they modified this...

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

hgw20 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:01 pm
TurboTommy wrote:Couple of observations. I’m really interested in the bars, but I saw them on another build, and I’m not sure if it was the angle the photo was taken from but the spacers looked a little clunky. Did you get spacers with the bars?

Yes, u get 3 different spacers with the cockpit. Each of different heights.

The serial in mine comes in the bottlecage "pool" I don't know why they modified this...

In the photo I saw it looked like the bottom spacer tapers in. Is there a way of avoiding using this spacer?

They started putting the serial number in the trough to avoid its rivets clashing with mechanical cables. Or so I heard.

hgw20

by hgw20

Almost ready:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I must seriously admit this is hot. Even more so, I can't stand anything but Campagnolo on my personal bikes, but I also must admit that the cleanliness of the etap cannot be understated!!!

hgw20

by hgw20

Ready to rock:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

This is incredibly beautiful! About the bar, I got some trouble,the angle of the stem is too low so that the space can't fit the bar very well( there is gap between bar and space),do you meet this trouble too?

hgw20

by hgw20

That's mineImage

campagowlo

by campagowlo

Deda integrated bars are a superb choice. Their angular design goes well with the headtube on the c64.

LionelB

by LionelB

Well done. How do these bars ride ?

hgw20

by hgw20

LionelB wrote:Well done. How do these bars ride ?
Incredibly stiff. And besides that I only care about aesthetics...u like it or u hate it.

ride1970

by ride1970

Very nice, and loving the bar/stem choice. I think 64’s suit aero style bars.
Enjoy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com