Field Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

xDOMx

by xDOMx

A fellow Field disc road owner!

Not that it’d befit a ‘Bely build,’ but I have CK R45 laced to LightBicycle 35mm deep x 25mm wide. They aren’t in the weight ballpark of those quoted above, but are really solid and plenty quick (see below).

by Weenie

Bely

by Bely

Thank you for the recommendation! Thinking about the AX vs LSE. Also rim depth! Any suggestions and advice would be great!

Beautiful Field... can’t wait to be part of the Cool kids Club again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
S.V | Argo2.0 | Cherubim | Festka Scala | Pego Respo & Marcelo | VXRS | 07 Trek Mad Sl | Merckx TSC | English V3 | Colnago C40 Mapei, C50 WC, C59 Saronni, C60 Italia, C64 Art Decor, Field

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Bely wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:12 am
Thank you for the recommendation! Thinking about the AX vs LSE. Also rim depth! Any suggestions and advice would be great!

Beautiful Field... can’t wait to be part of the Cool kids Club again!

If only I was young and/or cool enough to be part of such a club! This bike, as I’m sure was evident from your last Field, will take you everywhere in comfort and at a decent lick.

@leicaman and I rode across Japan (370km in 17 hours, inclusive of stops) and I was on the Field. Didn’t put a foot wrong and wasn’t sore in any way after (just sleep-deprived). The disc brakes will be a revelation too, I’m sure.

Bely

by Bely

Heading to Japan tomorrow!! Any good bike shops to stop by?

Current
S.V | Argo2.0 | Cherubim | Festka Scala | Pego Respo & Marcelo | VXRS | 07 Trek Mad Sl | Merckx TSC | English V3 | Colnago C40 Mapei, C50 WC, C59 Saronni, C60 Italia, C64 Art Decor, Field

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Bely wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:41 am
Heading to Japan tomorrow!! Any good bike shops to stop by?

Partially depends on what you want to see, but Bonsai Cycle Works is a good one (also has a little cafe space). Above Bike Store is good, but for me CX-type stuff than road bike.

Bely

by Bely

The fellas at Field taking “it to the limit one more time”

Current

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

leicaman

by leicaman

I noticed your frame and bits on John’s Instagram. Very nice.

I agree that Bonsai is worth a visit. Have you been to the Cherubim shop in Tokyo?

Bely

by Bely

Just came from there! Image

Current

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

leicaman

by leicaman

Ha ha. Fair enough. Did you bring a bike with you? Guess not if you were picking up a frame from cherubim. NalsimaFrend is nearby but not an amazing shop. Crown Gears is in Kita Sando (near Bonsai) and Rapha Tokyo is also in Kita Sando.

How long are you in Japan for?

Bely

by Bely

Not my photographs, but Screen Grabs! ImageImageImageImage

Current

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

I thought that was yours when I saw it on Instagram. Looking good!! What’s the eta on the frame?

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Absolutely stunning, I saw it on Instagram earlier. Can’t wait to see it built up to your usual standard!

mattyNor

by mattyNor

Bely wrote:Just came from there! Image

Unbelievable!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bely

by Bely

ImageImageImageImageImage

Current

Incoming
Tsubasa, Aero Road Bike

by Weenie

peted76

by peted76

Blimey, thank goodness it's arrived! There hasn't been this much anticipation since Godzuki's wifes first bike! Can't wait to see it finished and hear what you think of the ride :)