Ryan Gets Trendy: Wilier Cento10Air Disc :shock:

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

themidge

by themidge

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm
If you can source the rim only then boutique hub it..
If it wasn't so expensive, this would probably be one of the best ways to build super light wheels. It seems that many big manufacturers make really light rims, but are let down by the rest of the wheel. As an example, I heard somewhere that Shimano's Dura Ace c24 clincher rims are sub-400g, but my wheelset comes in at 1400g, those are some heavy (if bombproof) hubs!

RyanH

by RyanH

@AndreLM

I'm going through the 10/2017 Tour test of disc wheels and it seems that the Fulcum Quattro (the only Campy/Fulcrum wheel in the test) are one of the best all rounders in the test. It's surprising how much slateral tiffness is given up going from rim brake wheels to disc. For example, Zipp 303 is 33/33nm (disc) vs 55/39Nm (rim). Fulcrum is 47/40 (disc) vs 55/47 (rim).

I'm actually getting Bora 50s with the bike, so this is just to see if I can get something a little lighter. Seeing the atrocious stiffness numbers though, I might be a little less inclined to look for something else unless the Carbon Ti disc (or Newman) hubs are know to lace up stiff wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kytyree

by kytyree

Looking forward to seeing this once it arrives, I love that paint.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

and......??
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

RyanH

by RyanH

Monday... Cause FedEx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

bummer.. was hoping for a Sat ride shakdown report. I'm sure you were too.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

RyanH wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:38 pm
Anyone know of a rim that is as aero as a Zipp 303 but less than 350g? I'm struggling to come up with a build that will be less than 1200g.
How about Schmolke TLO45T? Scale shot at R2 is 346g, but I'm not sure about aero, these are 26mm wide and from what I can remember, you mentioned the roads you ride aren't that smooth, so tires wider than 26mm should probably be counted for too. With Cyberhubs/Pillar X-TRA Lite Ti the wheelset will be ~1050g. As a shameless plug, my Light-Bycicle RR46C02 (28mm wide, clincher) laced to the same hubs/spokes are 1207g.

RyanH

by RyanH

I'd do Schmolke if I could find some aero data on them. I don't want to end up with a wheelset like the Easton 55 that is both deep (catches wind), heavier than necessary and less aero than Zipp 202s.

Since stiffness is more of an issue with disc wheels, I think Ti spokes are ruled out. Even if I went extralite hubs, I don't think a sub 1200g > 40mm disc wheelset is possible.

DOUG

by DOUG

RyanH wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:36 pm
I'd do Schmolke if I could find some aero data on them. I don't want to end up with a wheelset like the Easton 55 that is both deep (catches wind), heavier than necessary and less aero than Zipp 202s.

Since stiffness is more of an issue with disc wheels, I think Ti spokes are ruled out. Even if I went extralite hubs, I don't think a sub 1200g > 40mm disc wheelset is possible.

For clinchers i think >40mm and <1200g is probably just out of reach. My 35mm MCFK rims on Extralite hubs with Sapim CX Ray spokes came out at 1190g though once i removed the rather garish decals. Has been a great all round wheelset for flats and climbing (of course!).

The MCFK 45mm clinchers are only an extra 20g per rim from memory (their website is down so cant double check) so youd be mid 1200's. Not sure about the aero properties but their 55mm versions are included in the Tour mag test and compare favourably to the other wheels tested so I would imagine the 45mm would be similar.

If you're looking at tubs then Ive been considering a set of Caden deCadence 49mm wheels to use for racing.

https://www.carbonbikewheels.com.au/pro ... wheelsets/

Claimed at 1140g for the set which I must say immediately appeals to my crippling weight weenie-ism! Again aero is not something that you will be able to vet before hand but plenty of tri-guys riding Caden wheels in Aus and by all accounts they are an excellent wheel. I have a mate who is riding the clincher/rim brake version and he has been really happy with them. I figure for $1850 for the set I can give them a go and if Im not satisfied, on sell them for not much of a loss. Anyway, happy hunting!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Wilier? Meh.

RyanH

by RyanH

She's landed, and good lord she's thicccc:

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Damn !
I'm sure weight won't be too much noticeable , I tried it wih ultegra and clincher 48mm disc , it rides great like a classic bike with a bit of aeroness
Will be hard to gain much weight

I should have known you were getting on campa hydro since you put campa levers back on the T2 ;)
Clavicula/look Origin SRM is a niece piece !

Something can be done about the hanging justion box with campa ?

You won't see many of them on the roads I guess

Nixster

by Nixster

The blue is beautiful.

The yellow is very....
yellow. :shock:

KarlC

by KarlC

What size is it ?

Ride report coming soon ?

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

glepore

by glepore

Yeah not a single thing about that bike that's built to a weight target. It'll get better...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com