Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

JScycle wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:25 am
Johnny Rad wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:45 am
I’ll also second KC’s recommendation for a KMC SL chain and Red cassette. They’re both excellent, relatively long-wearing items. After many years running them, I’ve got no worries about durability.
How many km's would you say you get out of the cassette and chain?
When I get my race wheels I will probably get a race chain and the red cassette.
Johnny Rad wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:45 am
If you’re not a gorilla, the carbonworks cages will also be a good choice. Treat them with care and they’ll last you. Another solid recommendation.
Do they tend to scratch bottles? My current cages do
I get 4-5k mi from my KMC X11SL chain and XG1190 Red cassettes will last for a ~4 chains. I might be a bit optimistic, but others can chime in with their experiences.

The cages have taken off printing from most of my bottles - some more than others. Are you concerned about that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JScycle

by JScycle

swright wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:52 pm
@JScycle,

Are those spreadsheet weights the manufacturer's claimed weights or did you scale everything yourself? I ask because I ofen find some discrepencies in claimed and actuals. Admittedly, it's never huge numbers of grams, but as WeightWeenies, I figure we should strive for accuracy and integrity... :D

It would be really interesting if your spreadsheet had both weights -- then we could see how honest and/or conservative the component manufacturers are!

cheers,
Scott
The items labelled 'M'' were measured by me on a scale whereas the items labelled 'G' are claimed weights (if I could find them) otherwise they are a guess.

Yeh having both weights would be interesting it's just tough when some products don't have claimed weights.

JScycle

by JScycle

Got some new wheels! Freehub kept developing play in the old ones and the rear rim was worn out
Hed belgium plus rims (25mm external)
White Industrie T11 hubs (simple servicing)
Sapim CX ray spokes
DT swiss prolock nipples
Zipp qr skewers.

jbaillie

by jbaillie

That's a marvelous choice for handbuilt wheels -- I've been on a pair of Belgium C2's laced to T11's for over five years now, they're awesome.

JScycle

by JScycle

jbaillie wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:45 pm
That's a marvelous choice for handbuilt wheels -- I've been on a pair of Belgium C2's laced to T11's for over five years now, they're awesome.
Thankyou so much for that, gives me great confidence on the longevity of them.
I loved the fact the axle can come out with only allen keys to check bearings etc and that the freehub body is titanium unlike my stock scott wheels which have the mangled alloy one.

Even though the wheels are only 2.2mm wider externally than my stock scott ones I think the internal width is much wider so brings the tyre out to 30mm I think (non race tyre)