Colnago C64 Disc

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Seedster

by Seedster

Yep it is an Eames lounge and ottoman. Probably one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever owned.

C64 is an amazing ride so far.

Seedster

by Seedster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JLBSLR

by JLBSLR

I absolutely love it!
Awesome well thought our build.
Time to get those gumwalls dirty now!

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Looks superb and nicely proportioned, looking forward to a ride review. :D

LionelB

by LionelB

Nice, what is your saddle height ?

Seedster

by Seedster

LionelB wrote:Nice, what is your saddle height ?

Seedster

by Seedster

Experiment with Dugast silk tubulars was short lived. Front and rear went flat from minor glass punctures. They ride beautifully but I knew they wouldn’t be tough enough to survive adverse NYC conditions. Went back to more robust Corsa G tubs.

Friend of mine built a c64 art decor with campy SR 12. Everything but the rear derailleur looks great in person. Can’t wait to see EPS

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Looks stunning

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice. Looks like you’ve got the same bike listed over at Paceline, but over there it’s a 56s. Here you say it’s a 58s. Which one is correct? Thx.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Seedster

by Seedster

Fixed the error here. It is definitely a 56S. I keep confusing the sizing from the colnago C60 where I would have been on a 58S. Thanks!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Thanks Seedster, although I'm a bit confused in that you say you would have been on a 58s in the C60. Why? If you're a 56s in the C64 that's what you would be in C60 as well, and vice versa. Or did you just decide to go 56s over the 58s during the decision process?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Seedster

by Seedster

Cal,

You’re correct. I could ride either the 56s or 58s. I have longer legs so my fitter and I debated on the best size for this build. He suggested I go for the 58s because of my long legs and arms. I elected to go with the 56s because I’m more flexible than when I first considered the C60. Additionally, my Protos has a more aggressive geometry than the c64 in 56s. The colnago is supposed to be my daily so I want something more relaxed and compliant.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Got it. Makes sense. If I were to get a C64 it would be a no brainer for me... 56s, right dab smack in between my 59T and 61T. Anyway, enjoy it. Was riding with a buddy over the weekend who has a C64 and even though I wasn’t riding it I followed him around some good turns and it just looked so smooth. It happens to be the 52s frame that I based my C64 thread on when it was announced. He went and bought it.

Seedster

by Seedster

At 6’1, I think we look at similar sized frames. Let me know when you grow tired of your c60;-)

Truth be told, your detailed builds of Colnago C series have kept my interest high, but the price of admission was always a bit intimidating. Ernesto’s marketing push coupled with your exhaustive teardown, and some feedback from mechanics, sealed the deal and I sold the bianchi. Toughest part was choosing a color. My local shop had most of colors to see in person

The ride is composed, smooth and perfect for where I ride. I think it’s sublime. XR4 was very good, but this bike brings a smile to my face looking at it on my wall

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

So, if you could only keep one, which would it be? Colnago or De Rosa?

Man they are both so nice. Seems like a really tough call.